Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Business professionals who want to positively influence the strategic direction of their team or organization
- STEM professionals seeking an in-depth understanding of how to effectively navigate decision-making in key functional areas of a business
- Business owners and/or sole proprietors who want to learn how to develop and implement a strategic business plan in order to achieve tangible growth
About the course
To have a positive impact on the success of your organization, you need a strategic approach to decision-making based on proven methods you can apply to your business’s unique needs. In this program, learn how the world’s most successful businesses operate effectively and how you can leverage their methods to positively influence your organization from any position.
Our world class educators will use their own corporate executive experience to teach you how to best approach strategic decision-making in the areas most critical to your organization’s success, including financial analysis, innovation, managing change, team building, understanding your customers, and creating impact through collaboration. You will learn how to apply these skills to your own real-world projects through engaging, hands-on learning activities including case discussions, simulations, exercises and role-play scenarios.
By the end of the program, you will have identified a critical need for your own organization and developed a strategic plan for how to address it, with our executive trainers serving as your personal consultants.
Through this program you will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of fundamental business models so you can drive decision-making in your organization
- Learn strategic communication techniques
- Work with like-minded professionals from other organizations facing similar challenges
- Improve your understanding of essential business functions including finance and operations and how to apply them strategically
- Be able to effectively analyze customers and develop a customer-focused strategy
- Understand how to lead and influence your team from any position
- Develop a strategic plan to address one of your organization’s most pressing needs
- Learn how to craft an effective value proposition and improve presentation skills
FINANCE & OPERATIONS
- Learn how to read and analyze corporate financial statements, how prices are set, impact of cash flows, resource allocation decisions, and drivers of operational models
- Learn why and how decisions are made for new investments
CUSTOMER ANALYSIS & STRATEGY
- Learn to analyze customer needs/behaviors and assess a market opportunity
INNOVATION & STRATEGIC BUSINESS PLANNING
- Use the Business Model Canvas to examine internal and external influences on new product/project decisions
- Consider the strengths and weaknesses of your current partnerships, activities, resources, channels, & more
INFLUENCE & CONSULTING
- Learn to build teams and collaborative relationships, how to influence with or without authority, and how to instill behaviors that build credibility
PRESENTATIONS & ORGANIZATIONAL CULTURE
- How to present to a senior decision-maker, and manage the important Q&A discussion
- What role you play in creating/supporting a culture of innovation
- Learn the process steps in an effective change management/improvement implementation activity
- Experience a “year in the life” of a change team, and apply this to your own organization
ORGANIZATIONAL LEADERSHIP & COMMUNICATION
- Learn how to listen, understand & communicate more effectively
- Learn from leading organizational models on driving innovation
- Learn about leadership development in daily life: how to empower others and manage ambiguity/complexity
- Analyze collaboration & agile team models and how to manage today’s dynamic and diverse team environment
Dr. Helmut H. Hergeth is an Associate Professor in the Wilson College of Textiles at NC State University. He holds a BS degree in Textiles from North Carolina State University, an MBA and a Ph.D. in Business Management from the Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität in Münster, Germany. Helmut Herget...
Dr. Bohlmann is Professor of Marketing at the Poole College of Management, North Carolina State University. His research interests focus on innovation and product development, marketing strategy, and team decision-making. Dr. Bohlmann’s work has been featured in numerous press outlets such as the...
Distinguished Professor of Entrepreneurship in the Department of Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship at North Carolina State University. Area(s) of Expertise Dr. Carr’s research is focused on three general domains within the field of management – entrepreneurship, family business, and o...
Bradley L. Kirkman is the General (Ret.) H. Hugh Shelton Distinguished Professor of Leadership in the Poole College of Management at North Carolina State University, and Department Head of the Management, Innovation and Entrepreneurship Department. He joined NCSU in June 2012, previously serving ...
Beth Ritter is a Professor of Practice in the Department of Management, Innovation & Entrepreneurship at North Carolina State University’s Poole College of Management. Prior to joining Poole College, Beth was the SVP Human Resources for Burt’s Bees where she was part of the Management team th...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.