Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haskayne School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Differentiate your skills. Advance your career.
The learning journey: business leadership
The Business Essentials program is a development journey that focuses on performance outcomes and is purposely designed for maximum impact. In this program, new skills, knowledge and behaviours are learned and applied through intentional integration in the workplace.
In this program you will:
- Learn to think like an executive and reap the benefits of advanced business thinking.
- Experience a learning journey that is deliberately designed and spaced over time to allow for absorption of key concepts and implementation of learning back into the workplace
- Complete a work-based project with the guidance of a Haskayne mentor to provide value back to the organization.
- Receive one-on-one coaching from a certified leadership coach to develop a pragmatic plan for leadership practice.
- Build a business network while learning from business peers from various industries and Haskayne’s most experienced faculty.
Create value for your organization
Complete a work-based project that creates value for your organization.
In Business Essentials, participants develop a greater understanding of their business by completing an Action Learning Project (ALP). The ALP is an opportunity to apply program concepts and tools, a proven technique to ensure learning transfer. Business Essentials alumni have stated that the learning experience has made them more confident, curious and competitive in their careers, many receiving promotions after completing the program. Alumni have achieved the following with their ALPs:
- Developed a new process to reduce mandatory auditing costs by approximately $5M over 5 years
- Identified an additional 20% in annual revenues by identifying a new opportunity in the sales process
- Created a system reduce company risk and control testing costs by 75%
- Identified $500K inventory cost savings through more effective supply chain management
- Accessed $1M incremental revenue opportunity from equipment rental versus sale
Who should attend
- High potential leaders of all levels across the organization
- Experienced leaders/managers seeking to develop skills for new areas of responsibilitt
- Technical professionals looking to differentiate their skills and advance to corporate leadership
- Entrepreneurs who would like to develop a well-rounded business acumen
- Executives considering an MBA or EMBA in the future