Who should attend
Anyone who wants to understand the business applications for analytics, whether for a functional area of practice or for general management. This program is designed for non-technical professionals including:
- General managers and senior executives
- Functional leaders and individual contributors of their team
- Entrepreneurs and business owners
- Data Types and Governance Issues
- Database Analytics
- Descriptive Statistics
- Probability Distribution and Data Modeling
- Descriptive and Predictive Data Mining Methods
- Optimization and Forecasting
- Data Visualization
About the course
Organizations are capturing more data than ever, leaving many organizational leaders wondering how to manage big data and make data-driven business decisions. This program teaches professionals how to use tools needed to thrive in data-driven organizations. You'll complete this course knowing how to go through the data analysis process from start to finish.
Get Hands-on Experience
- Prepare, analyze and visualize data with MS Excel
- Build a personalized reference guide for future data analysis work
- Practice business case applications that incorporate the concepts and skills learned in class
- Understand the strategic value of data collection and analysis to inform business decisions in today’s business environment
- Understand fundamental data-related concepts, terminology and tools available to support data-based decisions
- Articulate business problems and identify required data
- Gather, clean and organize data
- Describe, analyze and visualize data effectively
Deanne Butchey is a Senior Lecturer in the Department of Finance at Florida International University (FIU) and holds a PhD in Finance. Before joining FIU, Dr. Butchey worked as an Investment Banker and Financial Services Stock Research Analyst at Credit Suisse First Boston in their Toronto office...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.