Business Continuity Certificate Program (Online)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Executive Development Center.Full disclaimer.
As the world and business become more complex and interconnected, the risk and cost of disruption extends well beyond information technology to every aspect of an organization. Financial and educational institutions, hospitals, and manufacturing companies demand 100% availability and require resiliency.
Natural disasters and human failures can interrupt normal business operations and put your company at risk. Every business needs a contingency plan and a strategic operations framework in order to continue providing products and services in the face of a catastrophic event.
The Business Continuity Certificate program will prepare you with an in-depth understanding of the business strategies and skills you need to develop and implement a comprehensive business continuity plan for your organization.
- Initiation and management
- Business impact analysis
- Risk and evaluation control
- Developing business continuity management strategies
- Emergency response and operations
- Developing and implementing business continuity and crisis management plans
- Crisis management
- Crisis communication
- Coordination with external agencies
Business Continuity Planning
Business processes are increasingly linked together and a disaster (power outage, fire, pandemic, computer virus attack) could cripple your organisation, suspend operational business processes and disrupt systems. Not to mention the financial loss and damage to your reputation as a reliable provider or business partner.
Business continuity management and IT disaster recovery are of major concern to all industry sectors and are now recognised as an integral part of good management practice. Moreover, it is increasingly required by compliance regulations and organisations that want to do business with you.
This course is essential if you want to create, maintain and test your own business continuity and IT recovery plans. It will enable you to cost effectively protect your business and IT infrastructure through exploring the latest best practice processes and techniques.
By participating you will have the knowledge to:
- Identify risks; evaluate their effect and justify and implement risk mitigation strategies
- Help your organization survive a business disruption or disaster
- Create an effective business continuity organization
- Better align your IT disaster recovery solutions to your business continuity plan
- Audit, test and maintain IT and telecommunications recovery plans
- Introduction And Objectives
- Project Initiation And Management
- Risk Evaluation And Control
- - Exercise: Case Study – Risk Assessment
- Business Impact Analysis
- Vital Material Protection
- - Exercise: Business Impact Analysis
- Developing Continuity Strategies
- Public Relations And Crisis Communication – Key To Survival
- Why Insurance Won’t Save You!
- - Exercise: Business Continuity Strategy
- Emergency Response And Operations
- Business Continuity During Corporate Restructuring
- Business Continuity Roles And Responsibilities
- - Exercise: Creating A Business Continuity Organization
- Developing And Implementing The Business Continuity Plan
- - Exercise: Writing A Business Continuity Plan
- Auditing, Testing And Maintaining Business Continuity Plans
- - Exercise: Planning A Business Continuity Test
- The Purpose Of IT Disaster Recovery (DR) Planning
- - Exercise: Assessing What Matters
- - Open Forum: Discuss Delegate Specific Issues
- - Exercise: Case Study: Example Of Survival By Design
- Effective Data Protection Options
- Recovery Concepts / Options
- Writing Your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- Testing Your IT Disaster Recovery Plan
- - Exercise: Group IT Disaster Recovery Rehears
- Action Plans
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
All those involved in business, managerial and other kinds of negotiations.