Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This international programme is designed for experienced professionals, including:
- Mid-to-senior functional managers looking to improve their decision making and advance their career
- Technical managers implementing analytics who need to understand languages like Python to guide their teams
- Executives seeking a competitive edge in the market or wanting to scale their business or function
- Consultants aiming to develop their knowledge to build effective solutions for their clients
The programme is applicable across industries, including: advertising, banking and financial services, consulting, education, FMCG, healthcare, IT, retail and telecommunications.
No coding experience is required and you will take two primer modules to bring you up to speed in mathematics, statistics and Python.
About the course
Imperial Business Analytics: From Data to Decisions will expand your understanding of business analytics and teach you how to use descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics to identify, analyse and solve critical business problems. You will learn to effectively evaluate recommendations and communicate credibly with those who have deep technical knowledge in the field, having a greater impact within your organisation.
The four month online programme draws on expertise from Imperial College Business School faculty, industry experts and case studies. You will also work alongside your peers to explore the practical applications of the analytical frameworks you are learning.
You will experience live online teaching sessions and video lectures with interactive activities and assignments whilst receiving personal support from a dedicated Learning Team.
You will finish the programme prepared to implement what you’ve learnt. On completion you will receive a verified Digital Certificate from Imperial College Business School Executive Education.
- Identify problems which can be solved using data
- Understand your data and draw insights from your data sets, using predictive machine learning techniques
- Suggest problems and data sets that are optimally solved by support vector machines
- Evaluate analytics in decision making and assess the feasibility of quantitative decisions
- Recommend solutions for business problems using analytical techniques and differentiate between optimal and sub-optimal solutions
What you will learn
- Module 1: Mathematics & Statistics Primer
- Module 2: Python Primer
- Module 3: Descriptive Analytics
- Module 4: Predictive Analytics
- Module 5: Prescriptive Analytics
Summary Dr Wolfram Wiesemann joined Imperial College Business School as an assistant professor in January 2013. His research focuses on the development of tractable computational methods for the solution of stochastic and robust optimisation problems, as well as applications in operations managem...
Alex is a Data Scientist/Senior Teaching Fellow with the Operations Management department at ICBS, and an active teacher in the Global Business Analytics MSc. He holds a M.A. and PhD in Mathematics from the University of California (Santa Cruz), and held a professorship in Mathematics from the Po...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Read more about Information Technology
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.