Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
Businesses are using analytics to increase efficiency, improve customer service, and identify risks and opportunities across all sectors. This program is designed for business professionals who recognize this growing trend and want to use data and analytics techniques to guide strategy at the top levels of their organizations. (No previous coding or advanced analytics experience is necessary.) Business Analytics for Leaders: From Data to Decisions program could be particularly beneficial for those in the following roles:
- Mid- to senior-level managers who want to drive innovation at their organizations by leveraging data-based decision-making models.
- CXOs who want to better understand the business opportunities that analytics enable, as well as regulations related to data protection and privacy implications.
- Consultants who want to provide client solutions based on the latest data and technology.
Representative roles include:
- Chief Strategy Officer
- Managing Director
- Digital Transformation Consultant
- Product Manager
- Project Manager
- Sales Manager
- Finance Manager
- Operations Manager
About the course
Business Analytics for Leaders: From Data to Decisions provides business professionals with a high-level understanding of the real-world applications of artificial intelligence (AI) and machine learning (ML), two of the primary engines that fuel business analytics. This program focuses on applying analytics techniques to drive business impact, resulting in more efficiency, better decision making, and strategic advantages for organizations. No coding or advanced analytics experience is required.
Using hands-on activities, live sessions, as well as real-world case studies of companies, you will explore the three pillars of business analytics: descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analytics. Further, you will discover how data-driven decisions enable stronger business cases and greater agility.
- Gain competitive advantages by capturing data-enabled business opportunities
- Create data-based decision-making models across your organization
- Leverage data and experimentation to drive innovation
- Better evaluate business analytics approaches and strategies
- Develop a virtuous cycle built on user engagement, data collection, algorithm design, prediction, and improvement
- Drive business decisions through practical application of an AI-centric operating model
- Module 1 | Introduction to Business Analytics and AI
- Module 2 | Descriptive Analytics: Accessing, Transforming, and Visualizing Data
- Module 3 | Predictive Analytics: Supervised Learning for Business (Part 1)
- Module 4 | Predictive Analytics: Supervised Learning for Business (Part 2)
- Module 5 | Descriptive Analytics: Unsupervised Learning for Business
- Module 6 | Prescriptive Analytics: Reinforcement Learning for Business
- Module 7| Prescriptive Analytics: Experimentation
- Module 8| The Future of Big Data and AI
Education Ph.D., University of California, Berkeley, Agricultural and Resource Economics M.S., University of California, Berkeley, Agricultural and Resource Economics B.A., University of Arizona, Mathematics and Economics Positions Held At Haas since 2015 2015 – present, Assistant Professor, D...
Demian Pouzo is an Associate Professor in the Department of Economics at UC Berkeley. Demian employs tools from econometrics and statistics to make contributions in econometric theory and other fields such as economic theory and macroeconomics. Economic models are, out of necessity, highly styli...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.