Business Analytics and Decision Analysis: Analyzing and Supporting Decisions With Data
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Middle Tennessee State University.Full disclaimer.
This hands-on application course will introduce participants to techniques of using data to support management decision. Topics covered will include Modeling and Analyzing Business Decisions, Using and Interpreting Data in Decisions, Data Visualization, and Predictive Analytics.
Techniques for Decision Making - Certificate in Data Analytics
Translate Data Into Actionable Business Insights
Nearly every business and organization today is extremely dependent on data. Modern data analytics combines powerful software tools and statistical techniques to produce insights that can improve results in every field and organizational department. Professionals who are adept with these tools and have the latest data analysis skills are highly valuable and in demand.
In this three-course certificate program, you’ll learn how to make — and defend — critical business decisions by wrangling, analyzing, visualizing and interpreting large-scale data sets in meaningful ways. We’ll explore innovative approaches for generating insights and predictions that can boost sales, enhance operational efficiencies and drive qualitative improvements in your products and services. Improve your organization’s data-driven decision making and escalate your own career trajectory.
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
- Data analysis and statistical techniques for knowledge discovery
- Visual discovery and interpretation methods for large data sets
- Information design, storytelling and presentation using visualization, pivot tables, graphs, charts, infographics and conditional data table formatting
- Making predictions using decision trees, regression analysis, and supervised and unsupervised learning models
- R and SQL programming practices
GET HANDS-ON EXPERIENCE
- Use industry-standard software such as Excel, SQL Server, Azure Machine Learning Studio, RStudio and Power BI tools
- Utilize machine learning models and data mining techniques to create basic prediction, recommendation and classification systems
- Develop and present a Power BI dashboard that allows users to leverage data in business decision making
Enjoy the flexibility of learning at your own pace, with instructor support along the way. Courses are 100 percent online, with no class meetings or fixed deadlines — so you can start anytime. You have up to four months to complete each course and up to two years to complete the program.
Start and finish your program with the same group of students, with frequent opportunities to interact with your instructors and classmates along the way. Courses are 100 percent online, with set due dates for assignments but no class meetings.
Attend classes part time at one of our convenient locations in the Puget Sound region. You’ll engage face to face with your classmates and instructors as part of a highly interactive curriculum
Who should attend
Professionals who want to learn to work with data to make strategic decisions. Those with programming skills who already have experience working with data should consider taking the more advanced Certificate in Data Science.