Who should attend
Attendees include Business Analysts, Systems Analysts and IT Professionals, Project Managers and Team Leads, Customers and Users, and others who want to enhance their ability to analyze business options and solutions.
About the course
Fundamentals of Business Analysis in Managing Projects
Explore the functions of the Business Analyst in supporting the project process: from pre-project activities such as justifying the project, to eliciting and managing user requirements, to ensuring that stakeholder needs are satisfied. Gain tools and techniques you can immediately apply back at work to evaluate business opportunities and to elicit, prioritize, communicate and validate requirements throughout the project life cycle.
- Expand your knowledge of the roles, responsibilities, tools, critical issues and pitfalls of business analysis
- Increase your understanding of feasibility studies, business cases, opportunity prioritization, and standard return on investment models
- Use collaborative processes to develop requirements that meet the project's strategies and objectives
- Plan a detailed requirements development process using best practices
- Improve creative problem-solving skills using lateral thinking techniques
- Employ communication strategies that ensure stakeholder contact, feedback and satisfaction
- Understanding the fundamentals of business analysis: PMI® project management processes, phases and life cycle, Business Analyst roles/core competencies, requirement types, IIBA® knowledge areas
- Analyzing business opportunities: feasibility studies, affinity diagrams and decision tree analysis,return on investment models, preparing the business case
- Analyzing stakeholders: defining stakeholder roles and responsibilities, categorizing stakeholders, developing a stakeholder matrix
- Analyzing requirements: creating the requirements document, eliciting, prioritizing and documentation techniques, validating with stakeholders, mapping requirements to business strategy and benefits, project scope statement
- Managing requirements with stakeholders: ensuring customer involvement, implementing customer feedback and change control processes, problem solving, managing stakeholder communications
The course is aligned to the Project Management Institute's and the International Institute of Business Analysis' standards. As part of the workshop, you are eligible to receive PMI® Professional Development Units (PDUs) or IIBA® Continuing Development Units (CDUs).
Denise is the founder and Managing Partner of Collaborators In Knowledge Inc. She brings more than 40 years of practical experience in managing, auditing and rescuing multi-million dollar projects. She has also trained thousands of students from the private and public sectors in the best practice...
Videos and materials
Read more about Project management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.