Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
- Organization Development and Human Resource practitioners
- Internal and external Consultants
- Managers and supervisors
- Team leaders
- Adult educators, trainers, facilitators, coaches and change leaders
About the course
This 3-day module is designed to develop the strategic business analysis and business acumen of OD professionals. You will develop an advanced understanding of how business works, how to think as the CEO does, and how to manage and influence the bottom line.
Strategic Business Management
Learn how OD can help an organization achieve strategic and operational agility by deepening your knowledge of:
- Organizational structures, systems, functions and processes
- The link between business strategy and competitive advantage
- Key elements of an organization’s value proposition
- The role of OD within the operating model of an organization
- How OD adds value to organizational strategies
- Critical thinking about corporate change scenarios
- Communicating effectively with executives and line managers
Building a Successful Business Case
- Learn the essential building blocks of “making a business case” and how to present a compelling case to stakeholders. Learn how to:
- Craft and deliver a story about how to meet a business need
- Understand the organization’s evaluation criteria
- Identify what your stakeholders care about and clarify the need
- Align your business case with strategic goals
- Analyze cost, benefits, risks and opportunities
- Calculate the return on investment
- Tactics for influencing senior executives and line managers
Biography Michelle brings more than 25 years of proven and successful leadership, coaching, training and consulting experience, including work with three of Canada’s Top-50 employers, a Financial Post Top-100 organization and a Greater Toronto 2011 and 2013 Top-50 Employer. Michelle is an organiz...
Biography Program Director, Centre of Excellence in Organization Development and Change and Centre of Excellence in Adult Training and Development, Schulich Executive Education Centre, York University Marilyn is also past Chair of the OISE, University of Toronto Department of Adult Education &am...
Ray Gordezky is well known for his work facilitating strategic organizational learning, change, and action that addresses contentious issues and complex circumstances. He is Principal and co-founder of Threshold Associates, where he works with business, community and public service leaders to str...
Doug is recognized for providing top notch experiential learning programs that enhance employee engagement and advance individual, team and organizational performance. His areas of expertise include Organization Development; Leadership Strategy; Talent Management; Executive Coaching and Change Le...
Having worked in leadership positions for many years in the health-care field, Glennie established her own organization development consulting firm in 1996. Glennie brings more than 30 years’ experience to her work and is known as a perceptive and inspiring communicator, facilitator and coach. Th...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.