Building Strategic Upward Relationships for Senior Manager's
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Alberta School of Business.Full disclaimer.
“Leading up requires great courage and determination”, writes Michael Useem. Those that lead up are those that demonstrate an awareness of the bigger picture and are ready, willing and able to do what is needed for the good of the team. (Baldoni, 2010).
Why do we need effective relationships with our managers, peers and direct reports? Because in today’s organizations execution of goals is not a solo sport. We need others who are willing and able to help us get “stuff” done and get our organizations to where they need to go. Strategic relationships are born of the need to get things done, with and through others. Whether you have a good relationship that could be better, an exceptional relationship that you’d like to maintain or a more challenging relationship that needs help, this program has content that will impact your desired outcome. Formal and informal leaders today need tools, techniques, practice and accountability when it comes to influencing up, down and sideways. This program helps participants to influence others by combining known tools, processes and unique frameworks in a practical way that works.
- Establish the need for effective relationships
- Identify areas of relationships where we have influence
- Engage with tools and models highlighting awareness of behavioural styles in self and others.
- Reflect on the notion of currency in relationships
- Explore the criticality of Emotional Intelligence (EQ) in building influential relationships
- Experience the Influential Conversation Model (ICM)
- Utilize the coach approach to executing an influential conversation
- Complete an Action Plan Map
- Be held accountable for individual plans and goals, with Executive Coaching calls