Who should attend
Any manager or leader looking to improve their mental fitness and performance in times of high pressure and stress.
About the course
When you are asked to lead under pressure, an additional layer of skills is required in order to be effective.
Over the long term, success hinges not just on your skills and knowledge, but also on your ability to recover, remain focused, stay energized, and show up motivated every day; in other words, your ability to be resilient.
This program will give you an advantage on the journey from where you are to where you want to be. You will learn skills for maintaining an optimistic and healthy perspective through difficult times, methods for managing energy for optimal performance, how to use mental imagery to enhance resilience and a strategy to remain engaged during challenges.
These inner skills transform the stress and pressure inherent in moving forward into an ongoing growth experience.
In this program you will learn to:
- Discover the sources of pressure in your life and the strengths you have to address it
- Become more mindful and aware of the choices you have under pressure
- Practice making more resilient choices for a week of structured progress
- Experience the core skill of Active Awareness and begin to practice the discipline of mindfulness
- Learn to carry more energy through the week by reducing waste and improving your ability to recover
- Choose the mental 'game film' that supports your ability to be at their best
- Appropriately focus your priorities to reduce 'noise'
- Pay attention to the right things under pressure and eliminate 'choking'
- Consistently higher energy levels, thanks to less waste and better recovery
- Improved mental fitness
- Better performance, thanks to an understanding of your locus of control
- Sharpened focus and prioritization skills
- Eliminate instances where you 'choke' under pressure
- Live your life mindfully, moment by moment
- Learn and practice techniques to refocus, recharge and de-stress throughout your day
- Higher engagement and productivity during times of change or high pressure
- Leaders that have an increased tolerance for pressure and ability to recover quickly from setbacks
- Lower likelihood of pressure leading to negative outcomes such as strain or burn out (e.g. stress leave)
- Improved decision-making through effective regulation of emotions
- An effective component of a plan to comply with the National Standard for Psychological Health and Safety in the Workplace
The program is divided into three elements:
Resilience Assignments (Self-Paced)
Participants will receive a welcome package that includes all of the resources they need to complete their assignments, including a timeline to help them pace their work.
Building Resilience Session (Live)
- Personal Context: Share and reflect on the sources of pressure that makes resilience relevant to you
- Resiliency Map® Debrief Review your pre-program assessment through a comprehensive and engaging debrief. Set your sights on an area of action going forward
- The Role of the Self: Discover the role that awareness and mindfulness play in enhancing resilience
- Focus & Purpose: Create a vision rooted in purpose to help guide your day-to-day decisions
- Perspective: Practice the skill of reframing – a proven method of broadening your perspective and strengthening resilience
- Energy Management: Learn to control your energy levels the same way you would a thermostat. Conduct an Efficiency Audit exercise to help identify where you needlessly burn energy
- Imagery: The images that constantly run in our mind’s eye have a dramatic impact on our ability to withstand pressure, recover from setbacks, and stay engaged
- Create an Action Plan: Craft your individual 90-day strategy to put Resilience skills into practice
Follow-Up Resources for Application (Self-Paced)
Participants leave the program with their personal action plan and exclusive access to over 2-hours of audio content through 16 short episodes of a private audio program: short, 'podcast-style' refreshers of key content and a set of exercises for practical application of core concepts.
Dane Jensen is an expert on strategy and leadership, and a furious cross-pollinator between the podium and boardroom. As Performance Coaching's CEO, he advises other CEOs and Senior Leaders in both sport and business, and is a regular contributor to The Globe and Mail on the topics of strategy an...
Following her career as an athlete, Kara focused on providing mental training and biofeedback to athletes up to the World Cup and Olympic levels, using her expertise to help them improve their self-awareness and sharpen skills such as focus, activation control (e.g., managing performance anxiety)...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.