Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Kellogg School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Nonprofit executives have to balance several priorities to keep their organizations operating smoothly. They must consider organizational processes, key performance metrics, bottlenecks, organizational frameworks and process improvement; all while running their organization. As a result, they lack the opportunity to check in with themselves and evaluate their management styles and its effect on the organization.
This program will give you the opportunity to explore and evaluate the existing management and operational practices at your organization. Experiential group work will facilitate re-assessment of current procedures and offer new strategies to tackle organizational needs.
Discuss the operational process cycles of your organization Refresh organizational management concepts Learn to identify and map strategic organizational structures
Focusing the Leader for Learning & Managing Change
- Discuss the importance of focus as a leader - the internal disciple that strongly supports organizational excellence
- Share recent neuroscience findings and how it can help expand your awareness on what’s happening in today’s work place and its impact on you
- While engaging with your colleagues, explore and select simple, research-proven methods to practice cognitive control so that you’re able to better focus, prioritize and effectively lead
- Identify and strategize how to discard those behaviors and activities that run counter to your success and legacy as a leader
Strengthening Organizational Operations – Making the Case for Continuous Improvement in the Social Sector
- Focus on building participant understanding of core concepts of performance measurement and continuous improvement in the social sector
- Through case examples, full group discussion, and small group exercises, explore approaches and build skills in performance measurement in the context of your organization and role
- Given the complexity of social issues today, discuss continuous improvement not only within organizations, but across multiple organizations and systems
- Applicable to participants in programmatic, operational and leadership roles
Organizational Agility and Building Learning-Ready Organizations
- Learn techniques for building agile organizations from a people-operations and social psychology approach
- Understand how organizational mapping and putting people in the right places produces value-added information and process
- Explore the value chain model where inputs are the decision goals and the outputs create value for the organization
- Discuss how sustainable advantage in such environments derives from an organization’s ability to identifty and move from one short-term competitive advantage to another
- Define strategic and organizational agility and develop a framework for measuring both concepts
Who should attend
- Nonprofit managers who oversee their organizations’ daily operations
- Senior nonprofit leaders in the role of supervising operations staff
- Cross-functional leaders poised for a nonprofit COO or similar role
- Public sector and government leaders who are responsible for overseeing the operations function
- Career switchers or for-profit leaders who intend on joining a nonprofit team or Board
Trust the experts
Pranav Kothari is the Founder & CEO of Revolution Impact, LLC. Founded in 2016 and headquartered in Chicago, the firm focuses on helping social sector organizations improve their results through better business practices and organizational strategies. The firmâ€™s projects include growth and ...
Edward (Ned) Smith
Ned Smith is an Associate Professor of Management and Organizations at the Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University, Associate Professor (by courtesy) of Sociology at Northwestern University, and faculty affiliate of the Northwestern Institute for Complexity (NICO). Prior to joining ...
Brooke Olson Vuckovic's career has been focused on helping executives define their purpose and presence as leaders; stretching them to become more focused, non-reactive and clear on who they are, where they're going, why they lead, and what the circumstances they face demand of them. Dr. Vuckovi...