Who should attend
This program is designed for team leaders from all functional areas who seek the knowledge to create and lead diverse, high-perfoming teams.
About the course
You will learn how you can optimize your personal strengths as a team player and your effectiveness as a team leader, leaving with the skills needed to unlock creativity, innovation and drive value. You will discover how to build teams to maximize effectiveness and unleash your team’s full potential. Through interactive simulations, case studies and class discussion, you will learn how to:
- Establish a shared vision and define the team’s culture
- Develop effective roles and team structures that provide members with clarity and accountability
- Foster open, effective communication that allow team members to get in sync--and stay in sync
- Create shared goals and incentive structures that reward collaboration and drive results
Then, we will consider the common barriers and challenges leaders of teams face -- and how to adapt the fundamentals of effective team leadership to challenging contexts. With lively case discussions and practical hands-on exercises, you will learn how to:
- Manage diverse and cross-functional teams, help teams break down silos and collaborate more effectively
- Deal with the challenge of temporary and project teams, learning how to quickly build trust and cooperation when time is of the essence
- Allow virtual teams, separated by geography or organizational boundaries, to work effectively together when they can’t be face to face
Lukas is an assistant professor at the Asper School of Business where he teaches in the B.Comm, MBA, and Executive Education programs. His teaching has been recognized with the University of Manitoba Merit Award, The Reg Litz MBA Luminary Teaching Award, an Associates' Achievement Award and the G...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.