Who should attend
- Superintendents, Heads of Schools, Deans, Principals, Assistant/Associate Principals, Lead Teachers
- School Senior Leadership Teams (special pricing available for teams of participants)
- School Board members
About the course
Sustainable Frameworks for Organizational Success
Behind each successful school there are dynamic school leaders. The next level in your school’s organizational development comes from building strong and sustainable systems, processes and culture to ensure the school’s ongoing success. Participants will walk away with an array of frameworks and strategies for implementing sustainable leadership practices to impact the organizational health of their schools.
Through a mix of research-based strategies and proven techniques, you will learn to retain and nurture talent, move toward a distributed leadership model and harness the power of partnerships within and outside your school. Designed for principals, heads of school, lead teachers and administrators, and other education leaders, this program will help you elevate your leadership and organizational capacity.
- Develop tools to increase the leadership capacity at your school
- Understand how to instill critical leadership attributes in today's increasingly complex school environments
- Learn new practices for developing a team that can help to achieve the vision and mission of your school
- Gain exposure to methodologies that can be applied to nearly any challenge or endeavor
Leading in Volatile, Uncertain, Complex and Ambitious Environments
- Learn about the attributes of successful leaders in complex environments
- Examine tested frameworks to enhance leadership capabilities
- Explore how to apply these frameworks to your own school leadership and across your team
Feedback in 3D
- Learn about the power of feedback for school leaders, teachers and staff
- Explore the three critical dimensions of a highly effective feedback system: receiving feedback, providing feedback and leading team feedback
Applying Design Thinking to Learning Environments
- Learn a design thinking methodology and mindset that can be applied to nearly any challenge or endeavor
- Through simulation and mini-cases, gain an understanding of how to apply design thinking within your school
- Learn to design and implement more effective teams
- Examine elements in intra-team behavior such as leadership, communication and conflict resolution and inter-team dynamics such as competition
Bernard (Bernie) Banks is a noted expert on the subjects of leadership and organizational change. Currently, he is the Associate Dean for Leadership Development and a Clinical Professor of Management at Northwestern University's Kellogg School of Management. As an Associate Dean, Bernie possesses...
Bob comes to Kellogg having served with distinction in the United States Army, most recently as the Chief of Force Management and Integration at the Department of the Army, Washington D.C. In that role, Colonel Hughes oversaw the planning and cross-functional integration of complex organizational...
James P. Spillane is the Spencer T. and Ann W. Olin Professor in Learning and Organizational Change at the School of Education and Social Policy at Northwestern University. He is also professor of Human Development and Social Policy, professor of Learning Sciences, professor of Management and Org...
Gail Berger is an Assistant Professor of Instruction at the McCormick School of Engineering and Assistant Professor of Executive Education (Courtesy) at the Kellogg School of Management. She brings academic and professional experience in the areas of conflict resolution, leadership development, s...
Amy Stewart Smith - Academic Director; Director of Nonprofit Executive Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.