Comprehensive course analysis
Who should attend
This program is designed for directors, managers, team leaders, project team leaders and those interested in learning more about creating high performing teams and building collaborative workplaces.
About the course
Learn the essential components required to build and maintain collaborative cultures
This three-day program will help you create and foster a culture of collaboration and innovation where people work together effectively in teams to solve business problems. The result will be an organization which achieves its strategic objectives quicker, and fully engages its employees, so they stay longer.
In this highly interactive program, participants will learn to:
- Build a collaborative culture by developing high performing teams and addressing leadership and workplace practices.
- Assess team performance and implement practical strategies to improve it immediately.
- Apply practical ideas, tips and tools to develop effective collaboration practices.
Harnessing collective intelligence is the key to today’s workplace challenges.
In today’s disruptive times, tapping into the potential of your people by creating more agile and productive teams, and developing sustainable collaborative practices all across the organization is critical for high performance and success.
This program will help you create and foster a culture of collaboration and innovation where people work together effectively in teams to solve business problems. The result will be an organization which achieves its strategic objectives quicker, and fully engages its employees, so they stay longer.
- Describe the value of developing shared purpose to drive collaborative efforts and foster a culture of collaboration
- Lead more collaboratively to harness collective intelligence and increase employee engagement
- Create a psychologically safe environment to increase trust and build relationships
- Improve organizational learning capability by thinking with a systems lens
- Learn the 14 factors of high performing teams and how to improve team effectiveness within and across teams
- Address common challenges within teams (decision making, role clarity) and practice relationship systems intelligence practices to enhance team performance
- Learn how to manage conflict productively to enhance diverse thought
- Identify patterns and practices to break down silos
- Practice essential collaboration skills such as active listening, inquiry and dialogue and empathy to build the culture required for effective collaboration
Course content details
The Need for Developing a Collaborative Culture in the Workplace
- Explore the trends and issues that are changing the way we work and increasing the need for collaboration and collective intelligence
- Share the key drivers and benefits of collaboration for employees and organizations
- Learn about the new framework for networks of teams and how to effectively integrate them in your organization to create a collaborative culture
Essential Conditions for Collaborative Work
- Learn the 13 behaviours of highly trusted leaders and how values, guiding principles build trust
- Learn how “shared purpose” is essential in aiding people to define the problem, framing the challenges, and inspiring people to come together and tackle it
- Explore the role of leadership in defining, developing and coaching collaborative work performance
- Shift the mindset & practices from traditional leadership to collaborative leadership
Create High Performing Teams
- Identify the 14 team factors required for high performing teams
- Develop team norms to increase trust and accountability amongst team members
- Use “Relationship System Intelligence” practices to examine common team challenges such as role clarity
Enhance Collaboration Across the Organization & Bust Silos
- Identify patterns and practices to reduce silos across teams
- Enable your team to address the challenges created by siloed thinking by creating shared goals, accountability and standardized processes
- Experience a “lands work” exercise to gain understanding and empathy for other’s work and roles and to identify mutual expectations and areas for alignment
Leverage Conflict for Effective Collaboration
- Learn how to manage conflict productively for better outcomes
- Identify your primary conflict style(s) and how to adapt it based on your skill and the situation.
- Understand how differing values, norms, cultural beliefs impact collaborative efforts and how to minimize misunderstanding and conflict
- Create conflict protocols for teams
Develop Effective Communication Skills to Support Collaboration
- Practice the key skills of active listening, questioning and empathy to support collaborative communication
- Develop and practice giving effective feedback using the Conversational Feedback Model
- Manage toxic workplace behaviours such as blaming, defensiveness, stonewalling and contempt
Collaboration Fatigue & Barriers to Collaboration
- Participate in a Lego Scrum simulation experience and address the common causes of barriers to collaboration in the workplace
- Discuss ways to manage collaboration fatigue
Biography Michelle brings more than 25 years of proven and successful leadership, coaching, training and consulting experience, including work with three of Canada’s Top-50 employers, a Financial Post Top-100 organization and a Greater Toronto 2011 and 2013 Top-50 Employer. Michelle is an organiz...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.