Building Effective Teams
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haskayne School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This program is eligible for grant funding up to 5 weeks prior to program start date.
The learning journey: Leading and building effective teams
Successfully navigating modern business challenges requires individuals to work together to achieve extraordinary solutions that simply cannot be accomplished by working alone. In the current state of increasing market competition and complexity, skill in creating and leading effective teams is more essential than ever before.
Effective teamwork creates extraordinary power which is necessary to overcome modern business challenges and also creates a more fun and meaningful work environment for your people. In this cutting edge program, you will: gain an understanding of the difference between working groups and teams; learn to cultivate the ‘super power’ of human psychological attachment; discover ways to guide teams through every stage of team development; understand how to work effectively with power and influence; and learn to apply simple tools for troubleshooting in five areas that prevent teams from achieving results. The learning in this blended program also provides the opportunity to take new knowledge into your current workplace through practical application and integration activities. You will also receive individual coaching as you begin to apply your new knowledge to your current (or future) teams.
Unique program features:
Unlike any other team building program on the market, this program is designed for maximum impact by incorporating:
- One-on-one coaching from a certified MEd Psychologist to develop a pragmatic plan to implement the relevant concepts, tools and frameworks introduced in the program
- A blended learning journey (both online and in the classroom), deliberately designed and spaced over time to allow for absorption of key concepts and implementation of learning back into your team(s)
- Identify what a team is and when teamwork is the best strategic choice
- Explain the psychology of effective teams and how effective teams make the extraordinary possible
- Build and guide teams through the essential stages of team development
- Identify the effect of social status, power and influence within teams and learn how to effectively navigate these dynamics
- Successfully troubleshoot the areas where team effectiveness can break down
- Implement strategies to keep teams energized, accountable, productive and focused on results
Who should attend
- Team leaders and managers in all industries and functions
- Team leads of cross-functional projects