About the course
Teamwork is an essential component of coordinated interdisciplinary patient care, but it doesn’t happen on its own. Physician leaders know the importance of developing techniques to bring groups together and work through inevitable challenges.
Gain the knowledge and support skills needed to build a successful team in a health care organization. Understand not only the principles of change management but also learn to utilize techniques to build buy-in. See how successful leaders recruit, select and retain top clinicians through effective coaching and training. Explore the use of surveys, case studies, and role-playing to apply the skills learned.
Topics covered in this course include:
- Increased commitment and motivation
- Performance management systems
- Change management
- Understand the role of leaders in managing department personnel processes.
- Understand general concepts of change management for team buy-in.
- Develop and implement recruitment, selection and retention strategies for clinical staff.
- Develop, implement and evaluate performance management systems for clinical staff.
- Use corrective discipline to mitigate workplace behavior problems.
- Explore strategies for effectively coaching team members.
- Developing and training staff.
Method of Participation
To complete this program successfully and claim credit, participants must follow these steps:
- Read the educational objectives provided on the course summary page.
- Attend the sessions or watch all the video lectures for this course (if applicable).
- Read any course materials and complete any required activities.
- Complete the course evaluation and post-test via your dashboard on the Association website. Successful completion of a given activity's post-test requires a minimum 75% passing score prior to claiming CME credit, with three attempts allowed.
- CME certificates will be available for printing after claiming CME credit.
- Estimated time for course completion is equivalent to the CME credit hours.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.