About the course
The Art of Getting What You Need
Funding. Staffing or equipment. Promotion. No matter what you’re asking for, a strong business case can open the door to getting what you need.
This program is designed to help you achieve success by building a compelling business case. Learn what decision makers require in order to act on your ask. Use the case creation process to organize your thoughts and plot your course of action. Draft a concise report that covers the necessary bases. Deliver a persuasive presentation that will capture your audience’s attention and convince them to grant your request.
- Support your initiatives with straightforward financial analysis
- Make better decisions through defined goals and action plans
- Understand your audiences and cater to their needs
- Employ the terminology used by key decision makers
- Strengthen your presentation skills with effective preparation and execution techniques
- Deploy strong business cases to advance both immediate-term requests and long-term career goals
- Laying the groundwork: what is your “ask,” identifying decision makers at all levels, what do decision makers need to advance your case
- Developing the rationale: identifying Key Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators, strengthening the case with financial analysis tools, KPI tracking for ROI validation, internal and IT controls
- Drafting the case report: organizing materials, addressing your audience’s needs, defining goals and expected outcomes, designing specific action plans and tracking success, creating an effective Executive Summary
- Business case presentation: presentation methods and weaving a convincing story, persuading decision makers to support you.
You will engage in one large scenario where you will build a business case to reflect your suggested path forward. You will also be provided with a business case template for course and career use.
Online program format
Each day of the program includes facilitator-led online sessions in real time. Sessions are highly interactive, enabling you to network with peers, brainstorm ideas, engage in skill-building activities, and receive constructive feedback. You will also have access to self-directed resources (readings, videos, self-assessments etc.) that you can review at any time.
Strategic and results-driven professional with proven experience, sound technical skills, and extensive expertise leading full scope assurance engagements. Verifiable ability to produce high quality deliverables within time-sensitive deadlines. Use sound judgement to resolve difficult and delicat...
Scott (CPA, CA) has had wide-ranging career experiences as the CFO of a public multinational fibre optic deployment company; University adjunct professor; and auditor for a Big 4 accounting firm. He is currently a partner of LedgerLiberty, an accounting firm specializing in mid-size public compan...
Videos and materials
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.