Building a Successful Business Case
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
The Art of Getting What You Need
Funding. Staffing or equipment. Promotion. Customer satisfaction. No matter what you’re asking for, a strong business case can open the door to getting what you need.
This course is designed to help you achieve success by building a compelling business case. Learn what decision makers require in order to act on your ask. Use the case creation process to organize your thoughts and plot your course of action. Draft a concise report that covers the necessary bases. Deliver a persuasive presentation that will capture your audience’s attention and convince them to grant your request.
- Support your initiatives with straightforward financial analysis
- Make better decisions through defined goals and action plans
- Understand your audiences and cater to their needs
- Employ the terminology used by key decision makers
- Strengthen your presentation skills with effective preparation and execution techniques
- Deploy strong business cases to advance both immediate-term requests and long-term career goals
You will engage in one large scenario where you will build a business case to reflect your suggested path forward. You will also be provided with a business case template for course and career use.
- Laying the groundwork: what is your “ask,” identifying decision makers at all levels, what do decision makers need to advance your case
- Developing the rationale: identifying Key Success Factors and Key Performance Indicators, strengthening the case with financial analysis tools, KPI tracking for ROI validation, internal and IT controls
- Drafting the case report: organizing materials, addressing your audience’s needs, defining goals and expected outcomes, designing specific action plans and tracking success, creating an effective Executive Summary
- Business case presentation: presentation methods and weaving a convincing story, persuading decision makers to support you