Who should attend
- Services marketing and operations professionals
- Industry professionals interested in learning to gather and analyze services marketing data and develop a services marketing communications campaign
- Services marketing managers and professionals who interact with customers and market data
- Product marketing professionals transitioning into a marketing role in service-centric firms
About the course
Your services marketing efforts depend on information. Without relevant and accurate information, every decision you make will suffer from bad input.
A well-run marketing information system captures, organizes, analyzes, and interprets data from a wide variety of sources to create a robust portrait of the ideal customers and their specific wants or needs. With the ideal buyer in mind, you can better target them with high-impact messaging that communicates a compelling brand promise and a clear reason to buy.
In this course, you will learn when to use internal or external market data and when to conduct your own primary research. You'll also discover how segmentation, targeting, and positioning (the STP process) translates your analysis and research findings into a positioning strategy that appeals to the right target market at the right time and at the right price.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN
- Identify the components of a services marketing information system
- Conduct services marketing research
- Segment your market, target your customers, and position your service
GET IT DONE 100% ONLINE
Our programs are expressly designed to fit the lives of busy professionals like you.
LEARN FROM CORNELL'S TOP MINDS
Courses are personally developed by faculty experts to help you gain today's most in-demand skills.
POWER YOUR CAREER
Cornell's internationally recognized standard of excellence can set you apart.
Rob Kwortnik, associate professor of services marketing, joined Cornell's faculty after earning his PhD in business administration from Temple University in 2003. He also earned a BA in journalism from Temple and an MBA from California State University, Northridge. Kwortnik's research focuses on ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.