Who should attend
- Team Leaders, Managers
- Subject Matter Experts who are newly appointed to a Management Role
- HR professionals
- Business Owners
About the course
The research is unequivocal – organisations with highly engaged teams, a strong culture and effective leaders out perform their competitors on a sustained basis. High levels of staff engagement are strongly correlated with high productivity, great customer service, and improved safety and security metrics among others. Some even believe that strategy cannot succeed without an engaging culture.
Enlightened organisations know that engagement is a tangible and vital driver of organisational performance. They recognise that culture can be created through effective leadership. And that an engaging culture translates into a great place to work. This is turn attracts and retains engaged employees, who willingly use discretionary effort and go the extra mile in everything they do.
This is a highly interactive one day workshop providing useful knowledge and tools which leaders can use to impact their own work environment. Participants will explore the following key questions:
- What is engagement – just jargon or something real?
- What do good and poor engagement look like?
- Why it’s important – the links to high performance
- What people want from their leaders
- The role of leaders in engagement and what great leaders do
This is followed by exploring and gaining tools and techniques to leverage the Top Ten Levers of Engagement.
You will :
- Understand the relationship between employee engagement and high performance
- Understand the role leaders play in creating culture
- Understand that being in a leadership role is not the same as leading and creating impact on others
- Have a toolkit of practical techniques and ideas, and a personal Action Plan to apply back at work to increase employee engagement
Your organisation will beneift through:
- Having a greater understanding of the links between employee engagement and high performance
- Understanding the drivers of engagement
- Having a leader who is committed to making a difference to their organisational culture and employee engagment, to impact on performance
- Having a confident and capable leader who is an inspiring role model for others in the organisation
Muriel is an experienced professional who has held senior HR, Capability and Organisational Development roles in both corporates, including Air New Zealand and KiwiRail, and in consulting roles for Deloitte and others. At Air New Zealand, as Head of Organisational Development, Muriel played a pi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.