About the course
WHAT EVERY MIDDLE MANAGER SHOULD KNOW TO MAKE STRATEGY WORK
Business success is driven by winning strategies – and the business units implementing it. But how do you know if your business unit is aligned to the strategy and pushing your organisation forward? And then how do you make it reality?
Our interactive online programme is designed to help you and then your team:
- Strategy Formulation: Analyse your organisation's strategy
- Strategy Execution: Implement the right strategic activities in your BU
- Strategic Innovation: Continuously challenge the status quo
The programme starts with a practical framework that helps you to analyse the strengths and weaknesses of your company. You then reflect on how well your unit is aligned to the company's strategy - and how your own projects and actions contribute to delivering it. When you've completed the programme, you will be able to identify strategic innovations that will keep your organisation ahead of the game.
WHY THIS PROGRAMME?
Do you need actionable information and insights that will help you to drive your company's strategy? Do you want to gain the skills and mindset to have a strategic impact on your business? If so, this programme is for you.
At the end of the programme, you will be able to:
- Explain your organisation's strategy to the wider business
- Identify the actions needed to be executed
- Prioritise and plan projects that link directly to your strategy
- Turn market insight into opportunities for strategic innovation
- Assess different options and recommend strategic initiatives
Thorough and flexible, this programme is designed to work around your professional and personal commitments. Each week you'll start a new module which you will be able to complete at your own pace.
The six-week journey brings together different learning formats to help you get the most from the programme - from short videos, practical exercises and readings to peer discusions and hands-on assignments both online and offline.
The majority of the programme is completely flexible and you can follow it at your own pace. But this is also an intensive programme that requires you dedicate at least three - five hours to it each week.
After completing the journey, you get an official Vlerick certificate.
WHY LEARN ONLINE WITH VLERICK?
A high-impact learning journey
- Learn through different formats – from quizzes, videos and peer-to-peer learning to discussions, case studies and real-life business challenges.
- Turn your knowledge into action – take what you’ve learned and immediately put it into practice with live projects and stimulated exercises
- Experience a mix of creating content together, sharing of experiences, applying to your own context, learning from peers and translating it back to your own reality.
- Study anywhere, any time – our online approach means you can learn your way
- Learn at your own pace – timetables and clear deadlines help you to plan your schedule
- Make the transition – our online programmes give you time to develop your skills and take them back to your workplace
We know the challenges you face
- Get cutting-edge insight – our faculty have close ties to the business world and our home in the heart of Europe means we understand the fast-paced environment you work in
- Get support every step of the way – share ideas and experiences with your fellow participants and get individual feedback from our faculty
Who should attend
You might be a middle manager that wants to contribute to the success of your company by implementing the right strategic priorities in you BU.
People who took this course work for
Trust the experts
Kurt Verweire is a specialist in helping companies to formulate and implement winning business strategies. He has developed great frameworks that give people sharp insights how to boost performance with a clear winning strategy.Kurt has obtained his PhD at Erasmus University Rotterdam in 1999 and...
Professor Carine Peeters is Full Professor at Vlerick Business School. Before joining the School she worked as a faculty member at Université libre de Bruxelles, Solvay Brussels School of Economics and Management where she also obtained her Phd in 2004. From 2004 to 2006 Professor Peeters spent t...
What is strategic innovation?