Macquarie Graduate School of Management
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This program is designed for anyone who wishing to improve their negotiation skills and is suited to:
- Managers from frontline through to senior leaders
- Sales and business development staff
- HR and IR practitioners
About the course
Best practices in negotiation
This program will help you master the art of negotiation – a management skill that is essential to leadership, business and career success.
You’ll learn to focus on the preparation, process and people involved in a negotiation process and to develop creative solutions, achieve business goals and build stronger relationships.
This career-enhancing program is facilitated by a Macquarie Business School faculty member and formerly a senior consultant to blue chip companies in Australia and overseas.
## Key highlights
- Develop negotiating skills using interactive models and case studies
- Identify key leading negotiation strategies and learn when to use each one
- Learn the fundamentals of influencing and negotiation from an expert facilitator
You will gain comprehensive knowledge of all phases of the negotiation process, from scoping and preparing to post-negotiation analysis. Just as importantly, you’ll learn some of the pitfalls and common mistakes to avoid.
What you'll learn
- Negotiation Framework
- Common Mistakes in Negotiation
- Strategies and Tactics in Negotiation
- Recognising and Influencing 5 Key Negotiation Phases
- Recognising and Adapting Your Negotiation Style
- The Critical Role of Framing
- Managing Conflict and Tension in Negotiation
- Dealing with Strong Emotions
- Communicating Effectively Across Different Channels
- Negotiation Deadlocks
- Building Common Ground
- Agreement and Execution
Dr Andrew Heys is currently Director, International Engagement for the Faculty of Business and Economics, at Macquarie University. As Director, Dr Heys initiates evaluates and oversees international projects across six departments that relate to: international mobility (for students and staff), i...