Boost Your Presentations With Powerful Visuals
Slide presentations are a crucial element of business communication, yet most of them are not engaging, memorable, or persuasive. Presentations composed mainly of text don’t gain attention, and they make it harder to connect with an audience’s imagination or emotions. Communicating visually through images and graphics helps you create that connection. It also makes your communication richer and allows you to be more confident, competent, and credible. In this workshop, we will look at the essential elements of an effective presentation and how to design, choose, and use graphics to transform your content. The dull and forgetful will become engaging and memorable. We will take a close look at the different types of graphics and visuals and how they can be used to enhance the effectiveness of a presentation. We will also look at how graphics can be used to communicate complex information, ideas, and data. Students will analyze presentations, create visual storyboards, and practice making effective presentations by integrating their visuals. By the end of this one-day workshop, students will have a set of tools and techniques to create and use visuals to persuade and convey information, ideas, and data more powerfully in their presentations.
Data Visualization: Conveying Information Through Visual Representations
Whether you’re pitching a new idea, persuading others to take action, building a strategy, or making a decision, data is key. But the amount of information available today is staggering, and it’s easy to become overwhelmed by too many statistics, distracted by the wrong set of numbers, and confused by the complexity of data.
This program combines the science of data visualization with the art of graphic design to help you communicate complex information more accurately and effectively. By transforming data sets into visual graphics—such as charts, bar graphs, scatterplots, and, heatmaps—you can make complex ideas more easily accessible and understandable. Through hands-on exercises, you’ll explore the many types of data in use today, learn how people perceive different graphical displays, and create visual presentations that make a stronger impact on your audience.
- Learn how to translate simple and complex data into effective visual displays
- Communicate more precisely by pinpointing the most relevant information
- Apply effective methods for analyzing, presenting, and using statistical data
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of different data visualization approaches
- Avoid creating misleading representations of data—and being misled by others
- Improving your decision-making skills by boosting your visual thinking
- Understanding how people interpret different types of visual information
- Using a wide array of graphs and charts to understand, analyze, and refine data
- Working with multidimensional data and mapping it to graphical elements
- Leveraging data visualization and design principles to connect with your audience
Who should attend
This program is ideal for professionals or managers in a wide range of disciplines with an interest in the visual presentation of data. No programming experience or specific software experience is necessary. Participants are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet.