Blockchain - Using its Potential to Benefit Your Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
In 2018, trends such as Blockchain, Bitcoin, Ethereum and Initial Coin Offerings (ICOs) are continuing to take press and social media outlets by storm. Blockchain remains in the spotlight, and is sought after by myriad markets for its application possibilities. The technology can be seen as the core of a digital trust machine that people can use to replace human and labor intensive processes we have traditionally employed to overcome trust boundaries. However, Blockchain technology still remains out of reach for many companies, policymakers and strategists. What is behind this innovative technology and how can it actually create added value for companies? Which application possibilities exist and what new applications might be possible?
In this program, we will focus on three leadership perspectives regarding Blockchain:
- Understanding characteristics of Blockchain technology: How did the technology develop? What are the alternatives? Who are the players?
- Analyzing value creation of Blockchain start-ups: What value do they create? What is the differentiation against current solutions? Is there a market potential?
- Applying Blockchain technology: How can we use cryptocurrencies? What are applications for businesses? What new applications might be possible?
- You are able to evaluate the potential of Blockchain for your company, its opportunities and its challenges
- You understand the motivation of startups and entrepreneurs in the Blockchain field and obtain an overview of players in the field
- You draft a Blockchain application within the program and learn about critical issues when implementing Blockchain projects
- Understanding blockchain and its promise
- Value creation and business models of start-ups
- IP on blockchain and smart contracts
- Application workshop to experience technology
Who should attend
Executives across industries who would like to get an introduction to cutting-edge, decentralized digital technology (“blockchain”), its potential for disruption, and how it will affect their business.
(We do not expect deep IT expertise but welcome enthusiasm for the potential of digital technologies.)