Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with European School of Management and Technology.Full disclaimer.
About the course
After January 2018, the Blockchain hype hit the disillusionment phase. Yet, many companies are working on implementing Blockchain applications. Countries monitor the progress and change regulation to attract investors in this technology. However, Blockchain technology still remains out of reach for many managers/companies, policymakers and strategists. What is behind this innovative technology and how can it actually create added value for companies? Which application possibilities exist and what new applications might be possible?
In this program, we will focus on three leadership perspectives regarding Blockchain:
- Understanding characteristics of Blockchain technology: How did the technology develop? What are the alternatives? Who are the players?
- Analyzing value creation of Blockchain start-ups: What value do they create? What is the differentiation against current solutions? Is there a market potential?
- Applying Blockchain technology: How can we use cryptocurrencies? What are applications for businesses? What new applications might be possible?
Individual benefits: Profit from hands-on expertise
Participants will gain a deeper understanding of the decentralized Blockchain technology as well as of the players in this market. After the program, they will be able to understand and to analyze the potential of Blockchain in their businesses.
- Understanding blockchain and its promise
- Value creation and business models of start-ups
- IP on blockchain and smart contracts
- Application workshop to experience technology
Who should attend
Executives across industries who would like to get an introduction to this disruptive technology. We do not expect IT expertise and welcome curiosity for this new topic. You will be joined by students from our EMBA program allowing you to broaden your network of people interested in this topic.
Trust the experts
Christoph Burger is senior lecturer and senior associate dean executive education at the European School of Management and Technology. Before joining ESMT, he worked five years in industry at Otto Versand and as vice president at the Bertelsmann Buch AG, five years at consulting practice Arthur D...