Who should attend
This course is designed for non-technical business executives who are tasked with making business decisions about leveraging Blockchain technology in their businesses.
This course is NOT appropriate for technology professionals seeking to gain deeper understanding of Blockchain technology implementation or programming level depth. Since this is an overview course, this does not contain hands-on labs or programming exercises.
About the course
This course provides general overview of Blockchain technology and is specifically designed to answer the following questions:
- What is Blockchain? (What exactly is it?)
- Non-Technical Technology Overview (How does it work?)
- Benefits of Blockchain (Why should anyone consider this?)
- Use Cases (Where and for what apps is it appropriate?)
- Adoption (Who is using it and for what?)
- Implementation (How do I get started?)
- Future of Blockchain (What is its future?)
Session One: What is Blockchain? (Duration 30-45)
- Technology Overview
- History of Blockchain
- Cryptocurrencies (Bitcoin) & Blockchain
Session Two: Non-Technical Technology Overview (Duration 60 minutes)
- Cryptography for Executives
- Key Concepts
- Public Ledgers
- Hashes, Block Hashes
- Distributed & Peer to Peer Technologies
- Digital Tokens
- Smart Contracts
- Bitcoin Mining
- Authorization & Authentication
Session Three: Benefits of Blockchain – Myths & Facts (Duration 60 minutes)
- Benefits of Blockchain – Myths & Facts
- Value of Blockchain
- Value of Smart Contracts
- Role & Value of Digital Tokens
- Common misconceptions about Blockchain
Session Four: Use Cases (Duration 90 to 120 minutes)
- When is it appropriate or not appropriate to use Blockchain
- Digital Wallets & Payment Systems
- Money Transfers
- Transaction Tracking & Management
- Record Keeping
- Asset Management
- Financial Settlements
- Securities Transactions
Session Five: Industry Adoption (120 minutes)
- Who is using it and for what?
- Financial Services Industry
- Banking Industry
- Securities & Trading Industry
- Real Estate Industry
- Technology Industry
- Legal Industry
- Supply Chain
Session Six: Implementation (Duration 30 minutes)
- How do I get started?
- Requirements Definition & Business Use Case
- Proof of Concept Development
- Tools & Technology Infrastructure
- Deployment Strategy
- Costs What does it cost to use this technology?
Session Seven: Future of Blockchain (Duration 30 minutes)
- What is its future?
- Industry by Industry Outlook
Read more about Information Technology
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.