Who should attend
Blockchain Management, Technology and Applications is targeted to participants involved in the transformation of their business, while exploring the Digital Ledger Technology and wish to reach a level of security, efficiency, and privacy. It targets those professionals who are directly or indirectly involved in bringing business solutions through the Blockchain technology.
Key admissions criteria
- Master's degree or
- Bachelor's degree in IT or Economics
- Proof of senior professional experience
- Proficiency in English is a must
About the course
- The knowledge – Acquire essential knowledge in the three domains necessary for reaching optimal strategies and implementations.
- The quality of the lecturers – Benefit from leading practitioners who share their wealth of knowledge.
- A significant career boost – Boost your career trajectory with the knowledge acquired and the contacts established throughout the programme.
- Innovative digital ledger opportunities – Reinventing the enterprises requires mastery on new transformational technologies. Digital ledger technology is a primary booster of today's business model.
- Blockchain implementation cycle – Beyond the technology and the innovative aspect of this domain, organisations need to succeed in steering a strategy, mastering technology, security and protection as well as using the most adequate concept.
- Blockchain body of knowledge – The essential domains of knowledge are covered for various applications from legal, technical to the complete mastery of the complexity.
3 Modules & 1 Workshop
The objective of this programme is to develop knowledge and expertise in all facets related to the initiation and implementation of Digital Ledger Technology. The programme covers various domains of knowledge through lectures, workshops, case discussions.
- Session 1 Fundamentals: Introduction: cryptographic basics and consensus mechanisms
- Session 2 Fundamentals: Transactions, wallets, smart-contracts
- Session 3 Business: identity, applications and considerations
- Session 4 Cryptonomics: money, securities and corporate finance
- Session 5 Cryptonomics: prosumer incentives, mechanisms and token design
- Session 6 Legal aspects: Taxation, privacy and legal-status of contracts
- Session 7 In practice: use-case framework + start-up experience
- Session 8 In practice: use-case development
- Session 1: Blockchain and distributed ledger technologies — Reference architecture
- Session 2: Overview of and interactions between smart contracts in blockchain and distributed ledger technology systems
- Session 3: In-depth look at how the different blockchain technologies, frameworks and consensus mechanisms work
- Session 4: Off-chain storage solutions, blockchain IOT applications, cross-blockchain data anchoring and more
- Session 5: Ethereum smart contracting: Solidity basics
- Session 6: Hyperledger Fabric introduction to chaincode & infrastructure
- Session 7: Hyperledger Fabric advanced chaincode & deployment
- Session 8: Blockchain Security risks, threats and vulnerabilities
3 Business Cases
- Session 1: Financial and insurance
- Session 2: Blockchain in the Agro/Food industry; Blockchain for Logistics
- Session 3: Blockchain for Government
- Session 4: Blockchain in Industy 4.0 ; Blockchain for Building/construction sector
- Session 5: Blockchain in Entertainment and Media
- Session 6: Introduction to various success cases and initial ideas: criteria for success and where did it work?
- Session 7: Financial and insurance Part 2
- Session 8: Different perspective (Incumbant, stratup, Investor, regulator, technology provider, et..)
- Session 9: Presentation of cases
Participants have to select a workshop and work in groups to develop practical cases related to Technology (module 2) or Application (module 3).
- Session 1: Initiate group case development
- Session 2: Group case development (Confirm topic selection and define expectations)
- Session 3: Deliver project planning
- Session 4: Document project deliverables
- Session 5: Group discussion on progress
- Session 6: Group discussion on progress
- Session 7: Case presentations
- Session 8: Case presentations
Over the past 20 years, Professor Ataya has become a strong reference in the training and education domain, mainly through his activities at Solvay Brussels School, where he is the founder and Academic Director of the Digital Transformation, Governance and Trust post-graduate and executive educat...
Cybersecurity & Data protection (GDPR) Security management, threat and risk assessment Cobit 5 / NIST CSF / ISO 27001/2/5 / PCI DSS / IEC 62443 Blockchain technology Consultancy SAP - Odoo (OpenERP) Mathematics -Logic and problem solving Python Consultancy Offshore outsourcing Bulgaria &...
Jean-Luc Verhelst is the author of the book Bitcoin, the Blockchain and Beyond (2017) and works as a freelance public speaker, trainer and advisor. He is the co-founder of the blockchain community HIVE.brussels and was selected by the European Commission as a member of the EU Blockchain Observato...
Executive advisor, growth and innovation catalyst for startups and incumbents +20 years' international leadership experience in management consulting, financial technology, payments and banking Supporting EU efforts in raising awareness and understanding of fintech with regulators Previously Hea...
Senior Legal Expert with a profound insight into internet, blockchain, fintech, cryptofinance, digital banking, e-commerce, cybersecurity and personal data protection laws and regulations developed in 25+ years of legal experience. Influenced and negotiated at the uppermost government and corpora...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.