Who should attend
- Professionals and organizations interested in understanding and identifying blockchain opportunities
- Leaders who operate in increasingly challenging and competitive marketplaces
- Professionals who are looking to augment their specialty with blockchain and maintain a competitive advantage in accounting, engineering, supply chain, law and audit
- Business owners and professionals who rely on global sourcing of products and services
About the course
Built for leaders, this two day program will provide detailed insight into blockchain and the significant opportunities and risks for your business.
As competition grows, margins decrease and our reliance on technology grows greater every day, learning how to perform correct assessments and choosing the most profitable technology projects becomes critical to any business. Blockchain has emerged in the last two years as the technology with the most potential for disruption. It impacts how we run our businesses and blurs competitor lines. Today, competitors are joining blockchain alliances and big technology firms are rolling out their solutions, all in an attempt to learn quickly and be the first to market with a new competitive edge.
Join us in this two day program to learn what blockchain is, the opportunities it could bring and how to advance a blockchain project from idea to execution.
Through this two-day program, we will discuss:
- What is blockchain? A distributed ledger technology which facilitates tamper-proof business transactions
- Blockchain history: how did we get here?
- Business management and blockchain: how to deal with the sudden change technology has brought to
- the traditional business world, what to expect in the next 10 years?
- How is blockchain changing: Procurement, Transportation and Logistics, Warehousing, Invoice
- Impacts of smart contracts on Legal, Regulatory and M&A activity
- Internet of Agreements (IoA): legal considerations for smart contracts
- Sharing transaction data across a blockchain network: an opportunity or a risk?
- Disruptive technology trends beyond blockchain: Cloud Computing, IoT, Artificial Intelligence - how are they changing your profession and how is human performance affected by these changes?
- Decision making and hands-on project work in blockchain (non-technical)
Upon completing this program, you will:
- Gain a non-technical understanding of industrial blockchain, a distributed ledger technology which facilitates tamper-proof business transactions
- Apply distributed ledger principles, the backbone of blockchain, to current business models
- Evaluate the impact of blockchain to current businesses in industries such as oil and gas, manufacturing, health, science and retail
- Investigate the opportunity blockchain will create for early adopters
- Evaluate the differences between industrial blockchain transactions and cryptocurrency transactions
- Advance a blockchain project from idea to production (no coding, purely as a business team)
Elena Dumitrascu, co-founder, TerraHub Elena is recognized as an international speaker and advocate for industrial blockchain education and innovation. Elena is the driving force in helping organizations navigate blockchain and understanding the business opportunities that can be had by embracin...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.