Blockchain for Maritime Decisionmakers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Singapore Management University.Full disclaimer.
With the rise of blockchain technology in the 21st century, it has certainly proved its potential to revolutionise the maritime industry. How we implement strategies and harness this robust digital platform will greatly impact the complex maritime ecosystem through the exchange of data in real time and creating a competitive maritime business. The Blockchain for Maritime Decisionmakers (BMD) Program in Singapore is designed for decision-makers within the extended value chain of the maritime industry (e.g. shipowners, shipmanagers, classification societies, manning agents, charterers, port authorities, regulators, logistics & supply chain etc.) who are responsible for the future business growth. Conducted by leading faculty members and Maritime industry experts, the BMD programme provides a firm foundation for understanding the key concepts behind blockchain, evaluating the usage of blockchain in your maritime business, developing strategies for successful blockchain implementation and more.
- Gain a firm understanding of the key concepts behind blockchain
- Build your confidence in discussing blockchain and learn to ask the right questions that can help unleash business value
- Learn to apply an original framework (NEF * ) to evaluate using blockchain uses in your maritime business
- Gain a deep appreciation of the Digital Transformation phenomenon and its drivers and tools in business
- Experience the process of co-creation (Customer Journey Map) and learn to revisit your business model using the lens (Business Canvas)
- Learn strategies for successful blockchain implementation
- Develop your personal development plan (DigitalYou)
- Access to tools and exclusive network to keep you updated
- Certificate from The Nautical Institute
Who should attend
The programme assumes that the participant has little or no knowledge of the topic and uses simple language to explain the technical jargon. The Program’s focus is to assist the participant with not only understanding the strategic implications of blockchain technology but also to give the participant a personal “starter kit” in implementing change.