Blockchain for Business Transformation
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Understand how blockchain is a new general purpose technology that will transform industries
The key to blockchain is understanding how it can be used to transform processes and even whole industries. Blockchain’s use extends well beyond cryptocurrencies and other assets: it is a general purpose technology, like electricity and the internet. The technology, however, will not be fully utilised without organisations making often significant changes in their processes. People and organisations that understand blockchain and can make the necessary changes will have a distinct advantage over those that do not. This course is designed to give an understanding of how blockchain works, how it is being used and how it may be used.
Couse preparation includes access to workshop materials through our online learning platform.
The course includes a hands-on workshop where blockchain transactions will be made.
An introduction to blockchain technology and how it is being used
- Blockchain fundamentals
- Permissioned blockchains
- Recent developments in blockchain technology
- Self-sovereign identity and reputation
- Smart contracts
- Ownership and governance
Supply chain and asset tracking
- Understand the basics of how blockchain and other distributed ledger technologies work, including the differences between public and permissioned blockchains
- Recognise that decentralisation of power (even if is amongst a small group of companies and other organisations) is necessary harness the full benefits of blockchain
- Understand that blockchain is not simply a technology to bolt onto existing processes
- Have made a transaction on a blockchain
- Be familiar with some of the ways that industries and governments are using blockchain
Your organisation will:
- Benefit from your improved understanding of blockchain
- Be better placed to evaluate blockchain solutions when offered by vendors
Who should attend
- Key influencers in any organisation.
- Project leaders of cross functional teams
- Business owners and investors
- Senior executives and General Managers
- Company directors
- Management consultants
- Chartered accountants