Blockchain and Crypto Currencies
Blockchain technology has the potential to fundamentally transform not just the world’s idea of financial transactions but the very nature in which business is conducted. In fact, it has the potential to transform the foundations of our economic systems.
Despite the far-reaching potential of blockchain and cryptocurrencies there remains a level of uncertainty around their value, applications, regulations, investment implications and impact. This programme clarifies these very uncertainties, demystifying the blockchain ecosystem for participants, and helping them gain fluency in how to work with digital assets.
Anchored in peer-discussions and active engagement with existing platforms built on blockchain technology, this programme’s interactive nature is a definite highlight.
A deep understanding of blockchain technology, its benefits, and vulnerabilities
- Exploring the applications of blockchain technology across an array of industries
- Familiarising yourself with what cryptocurrencies are
- How trustless decentralised networks are autonomously maintained
- How to evaluate whitepapers, purported use cases, and value propositions of new and existing coins
- The current market structure for the trade of cryptocurrencies
- The current regulatory environment of cryptocurrencies and ICOs across the world
Blockchain: Applications and Disruptive Opportunities
Explore Blockchain as a Profoundly New Way to Organize and Grow Your Business
Blockchain is a radical new technology with the potential to disrupt a wide range of businesses and industries. Although many organizations have begun to use it to bring efficiencies and cost savings to their processes, this only scratches the surface of its true potential. Managers who fail to comprehend its full range of applications risk being left behind.
This workshop will help you keep ahead of the curve by exploring the applications and opportunities of blockchain and similar technologies from a business (non-technical) perspective. Understand how these new technologies could disrupt and transform your business and industry. Engage in an interactive session to design your own blockchain-based solution to a business problem of your choosing.
- Obtain a comprehensive, non-technical understanding of what blockchain is and how it works
- Gain insights into how blockchain could affect the future of your organization and industry
- Assess the opportunities and threats that blockchain technologies could present
- See how blockchain technologies can create profoundly new ways to organize your business and enable new assets and markets
- Understand how blockchain can enhance trust, transparency, privacy and security in an array of business processes
- Acquire a set of lenses to critically evaluate blockchain-based solutions, cryptocurrencies and other digital assets
- Comprehend how blockchain is emerging in parallel with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, and how these could be combined in future to enable further disruptive applications
- Functionalities, strengths and limitations of blockchain technologies (non-technical)
- How blockchain enables distributed trust, and why this is important for individuals, organizations, industries and national economies
- The differences between public, open-source blockchains and permissioned, industrial blockchains
- Smart contracts and their applications
- Digital tokens, cryptocurrencies, and initial coin offerings
- Exposure to a broad range of use cases that illustrate the emerging and potential applications of blockchain technologies
- How blockchain intersects with Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things to enable new ways of organizing and creating value
- The long-term implications of distributed trust, and how organizations can plan for these today
- Workshop: analyzing how blockchain could disrupt existing industries and business models; designing your own blockchain-based business solution
Who should attend
This workshop is ideal for non-technical business leaders interested in understanding and identifying blockchain opportunities, including:
- Heads of strategy and innovation
- Business professionals who rely on global sourcing of products and services
- Business professionals operating in, or interested in harnessing, multisided markets
- Entrepreneurs looking to integrate blockchain into their organization