About the course
Georgia Tech’s Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course builds upon the pre-requisite LSS Green Belt and Data Analytics classes and propels the LSS Black Belt student to the expert level, with a deep understanding of the DMAIC principles and how to apply these critical skills and methodologies to make better business decisions and solve critical business process problems.
Upon completion, the LSS Black Belt student will possess keen insight and in-depth understanding of the lean enterprise concepts; be able to identify “non-value added” elements to processes; have advanced knowledge of how to employ LSS statistical tools and analytics to projects, and be well adept at utilizing the specific tools and functions of the complete Lean Six Sigma process.
Key Expertise Skills in:
- Organization-wide Projects: Detailed Planning & Deployment
- Organizational Processes: Management & Measures
- Team Management & Leadership
- Organizational Expertise: Problem Identification & Problem Solving through implementation of DMAIC (Define, Measure, Analyze, Improve, Control) Principles.
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certificate and Georgia Tech Credentials
Students completing the LSS Black Belt course will work with instructor Lee Campe to identify a Black Belt project for their final assignment.
Upon completion, submission, and final approval of their Black Belt project, students will receive their Georgia Tech Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate and Georgia Tech credentials.
See stubborn challenges in a new light. Six Sigma principles will help you uncover inefficiencies and save your company money, no matter the industry. As you go through the program, you will begin to look at every process differently—making you an invaluable asset to your organization.
Why Georgia Tech?
There are lots of lean six sigma programs out there. But none quite like ours. Take advantage of our state-of-the-art campus. Lean on the expertise of a world-renowned institution—and the people behind it. Above all else? Get results.
Lean Six Sigma Courses offered at Georgia Tech:
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Principles of Data Analysis and Decision Making
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
What you will do:
- Learn the tools and techniques of Lean Six Sigma employed by leading companies to improve performance.
- Apply its methodology and statistical analysis to a company project.
- Participating companies have included AT&T, AutoTrader, State Farm, and The Coca-Cola Company.
What you will gain:
- Knowledge to improve your company’s processes.
- Certification at the Green Belt level is offered as part of the course and valued at more than $5,000 in industry.
Lee Campe is a proven Six Sigma deployment leader with a wide array of expertise in all facets of business. He also has extensive experience in Design for Six Sigma (DFSS), change management, metric development, Business Process Management and hypothesis testing. Prior to starting Performance ...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.