Biotech Demystified: the Science Behind the Business
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rady School of Management.Full disclaimer.
This course, intended for non-scientist business professionals in the Biotech and Pharma industries, provides participants with a practical understanding of the basic science powering their businesses, giving them the essential tools needed to succeed in today's life science industries. This course provides executives and decision makers with a practical understanding of the basic science powering the biotechnology and pharmaceutical industries.
San Diego is one of the nation’s top-ranking biotech centers and is home to more than 500 biotech and four major research institutions. This course is offered through the Rady School of Management in collaboration with UC San Diego’s Division of Biological Sciences and Skaggs School of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- Science fundamentals
- Cell biology and molecular biology
- Stem cell research
- Personalized medicine and drug delivery
- Cancer and therapeutic approaches
- Biosimilars and biobetters
- Genetic and genome mapping
- Hands-on lab experience with DNA testing
Who should attend
- CEOs and executives
- Venture capitalists and angel investors
- Service providers including attorneys, insurance brokers, real estate professionals
- Business development executives
- Marketing and sales professionals
- Government officials
- Executive recruiters
- Journalists covering related industries