Who should attend
This workshop is ideal for professionals working in financial services, marketing, pharmaceuticals and healthcare, telecoms, IT, consulting and associated areas who want to sharpen their technical and managerial skills in data analytics.
This workshop is also helpful for those who work with IT departments in making technology purchasing decisions.
About the course
For business in the 21st century, understanding the importance of being data-driven—and collecting large amounts of data—is only the beginning.
What matters is what you do with it.
Learn to mine your data for insight through this executive education workshop, and see the results in the informed decisions you make on a daily basis.
Big data analytics can span routine analysis of financial transactions, customer relationship management, risk and compliance, metrics, and KPIs and performance management, helping managers to transform their business function.
In two days, you will gain hands-on experience in the models, methods, and tools needed to leverage large data sets to predict outcomes and enhance decision-making.
You also will be introduced to the managerial and strategic issues surrounding big data analytics, including governance, ownership, privacy, security, standards, and more.
Your instructors in this workshop will use hands-on exercises in big data analytics on several platforms—including AWS, Cloudera, and IBM BigInsights—to offer concrete, applicable takeaways on:
- The Hadoop platform, including the Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) and MapReduce (M/R) framework
- Big data analytics life cycle, and technology evolution, development, and management
- Privacy and security
Benefits of Attendance
After attending this workshop, participants will be able to:
- Select the appropriate tool for the desired analytics
- Organize, understand, and interpret data to make informed decisions
- Understand the systems and policies needed to ensure the proper use, monitoring, and control of data with regard to privacy and security
This two-day program was designed with convenience and applicability in mind. Each session includes an introduction, case study, hands-on exercises, and facilitated group discussion.
- Introduction to big data analytics
- Data preparation and management
- Rapid analytics with Tableau – hands-on
- Text (unstructured data) analytics
- Big data life cycle methodology
- Big data analytics in practice (hands-on experience in cloud platform)
- Industry guest speaker
- Applications in big data analytics
- Managerial issues and challenges
- Data mining/machine learning
- Survey of special topics: management, compliance, risk, customer relationship, reporting, metrics and KPIs, dashboards and scorecards
- Industry guest speaker
- Contemporary topics in big data analytics
- Q&A and conclusion
“RP” Raghupathi is a professor of information technology and program director of the Master of Science in Business Analytics and Master of Science in Information Technology programs. He's also the director of Fordham University’s Center for Digital Transformation and directs the Gabelli School of...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.