Big Data and Digital Ethics
This course examines the role of big data through legal, cultural and economic lenses in German, European and global business contexts.
We live in a digital era which is completely restructuring business, banking and our social lives. Thanks to the speed and efficiency of global mobile networks, new market opportunities have been identified. However, these bright horizons are being overshadowed by digital attacks, major data thefts and social networks manipulations.
Why choose this programme?
Select this programme if you want to:
- Understand the role of big data through legal, cultural and economic lenses in German, European and global business contexts
- Study in a multicultural environment
- Employ methodologies based on real cases
- Learn from experts in the field
- Develop your soft skills
- Get career coaching
- Study in English
- Visit local companies
- Enjoy the dynamic city of Berlin, by day and night
Objectives of the programme
- Understand the impact of big data on businesses
- Provide opportunities for participants to consider real-world examples in which big data and data mining play an important role in problem solving and decision making
- Understand current themes and trends related to big data and ethical concerns
- Improve German/English language proficiency
- Better understand German business corporate culture
What will you learn?
GISMA’s Summer and Winter School programme will allow students to gain an overarching understanding of the German business landscape and offers a broad and realistic impression of German culture, heritage and daily life.
GISMA’s Summer and Winter School programme runs for two weeks and consists of two modules. Each module will be split into:
- Two blocks of lectures with two study subjects and 12 contact hours each
- German classes or Business English/Scientific Writing classes - 4 hours per week
- 1-2 company visits per programme
- 2-3 extracurricular activities per week
- 2-3 free evenings per week
Who should attend
The Big Data and Digital Ethics programme is specifically designed for bachelor students and graduates interested in working abroad and discovering new cultures or looking to study a further degree in Germany.