Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
This program is designed for adult professionals interested in the field of analytics who wish to develop a broad and in-depth expertise in the spectrum of Big Data and Data Science related technologies. Duke Continuing Studies has partnered with Simplilearn, an online training provider, to offer this in-demand program.
Gaining expertise in multiple data-related skills is essential in the field of analytics in order to adapt to fast-changing trends and spontaneous business opportunities revealed by available data. Some of the professionals who can directly benefit are individuals aspiring to become business/data analytics professionals, project managers, mainframe professionals, software developers, testers, architects, or data warehouse professionals.
Why choose the Duke Big Data and Data Science online program?
- Provides a 12 month intensive online program combining both self-paced learning and live virtual classroom instruction
- Delivers over 300 combined hours of content and study time designed by leading industry experts
- Exposure to an expanded skill set in Big Data, Data Science and Data Visualization
- Offers a hands-on learning experience through the use of CloudLabs
- Provides an industry leading mobile app for downloadable content and offline viewing
- Includes access to quizzes, practice questions, simulation exercises, and projects
- Supplements the learning experience with multiple elective courses with industry specific applications
- Awards Duke University Continuing Studies certificate of completion upon successfully finishing the program.
- Allows 12 months extended access to new/updated materials granted upon student’s completion of initial program requirements
Who should enroll in this program?
This program is best suited for someone entering the field of analytics and covers key proficiencies for cross-functional competency. Professionals often focus solely on the individual competencies in Big Data, Data Science, and Data Visualization, leaving potential gaps in a comprehensive skill set that is in high demand by industry today. Storing and processing large datasets requires knowledge in Big Data while Data Science and Machine Learning skills enable you to interpret this data and derive business insights. Business Intelligence and Data Visualization capabilities help in creating and reporting business success metric dashboards for widespread consumption. A professional with a comprehensive education in these areas has an added advantage and increased likelihood of success in the industry.
Ronald van Loon, Director at Adversitement, a data & analytics consultancy firm, and Advisory Board Member & course advisor for leading professional certification training company Simplilearn, is a frequent influencer & public speaker for significant AI, Big Data, IoT, and Data Scienc...
Mike serves as Head of Data Science at Uber ATG and lecturer for UC Berkeley I School Data Science master’s program. Mike has led several teams of data scientists in the Bay Area as Chief Data Scientist for InterTrust and Takt, Director of Data Sciences for MetaScale, and Chief Science Officer f...
Vivek is an Entrepreneur and Thought Leader in Artificial Intelligence and Digital Commerce. He has spent several years in India and USA working for leading MNCs and startups. He is a Co-Founder at Healthiply.in – India’s most comprehensive Digital Health platform with focus on preventive health ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.