Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for business leaders and executives who want to get a better handle on the strategic impacts of data analytics and incorporate it into their business model.
About the course
With the advent of big data, it is critical for business leaders to know how to sift through and interpret a dizzying (and ever-growing) volume of information. Recent research by McKinsey indicates that businesses that analyze their clients’ data obtain a return on investment that is 131% higher than that of competitors who have yet to take the big data plunge.
Offered by HEC Montréal, Executive Education, this dynamic course breaks big data and artificial intelligence (AI) down into bite-size chunks. Learn how to make the most of recent innovations without the need for budget-busting investments in new technology. Discover how to select and analyze data in a way that supports your company’s strategic approach and business model.
- Demystify big data and understand the strategic impacts
- Make the connection between various types of data and the repercussions on your business models
- Determine how artificial intelligence is poised to transform business roles and functions
- Understand how these new tools can help you move forward in achieving your business objectives
- Explore how to navigate the sea of data and retrieve relevant information that will help you make good decisions without having to invest a massive amount of energy
- Discover how to circumvent a lack of information when executing a strategy
- Learn, with case studies, how to start using big data and analytics
- Demystifying big data: identify the added value for your business
- Business model and data analytics: consider access to information once your business models and strategies are in place
- Benefits and best practices: see what industry stakeholders and your counterparts are up to
- Decision-making information: experiment with varying decisions based on the available flow of information
- IT/data analytics: understand how to manage information and get your IT head’s buy-in
- Lack of existing information as a roadblock to executing your strategies: find out why data is often structured in a way that is incompatible with other sources, and how to access this information to generate even more benefits for your business
- Panel featuring several executives who use big data to their advantage: discussion with game-changers who leverage big data for competitive advantage
- Effective use of data analytics
This course explores the topic from a strategic, market globalization perspective. It includes business cases, a panel of big data-literate executives and small group discussions to ensure you leave with useful tools to incorporate a healthy dose of data analytics into your operations.
François Bellavance is a professor of statistics in the Department of Management Sciences at HEC Montréal, director of the Quebec Road Safety Research Network, and a member of both the Quebec Road Safety Committee and the Board of Directors of the Canadian Association of Road Safety Professionals...
Mr. Labrie has 38 years of experience in sales management and IT deployment for leading Canadian corporations. To date, he has rolled out over $1 billion in solutions, bringing his clients a wealth of benefits that have greatly surpassed their expectations He has worked in both Montreal and Toron...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.