Who should attend
- Analytic professionals / Data scientists / Functional managers with 3-10 years of industry experience
- Participants with some prior exposure to analytics are preferred
About the course
IDC estimates that the market for big data and business analytics will grow from $150Bn in 2017 to more than 203Bn in 2020. Despite significant market potential, there is a dearth of analytical talent – data scientists (akin to the Wall Street quants of the 1990s), analysts and managers – to leverage the economic value of big data.
Big data analysis is likely to fuel the next wave of growth in productivity, innovation, and competition in the market place. The organisations ability to unlock the potential of big data and lead in the market place will be largely determined by its ability to tackle major hurdles in effectively managing big data – identifying the business use case, hiring, nurturing and retaining the right analytical talent for conducting big data analytics, and embracing data driven culture for making business decisions.
This program aims to help the participants to build a solid foundation on big data. It will enable the participants to learn, design and build big data analytic solutions to solve business problems and improve decision making. The program will also help participants to understand various issues, challenges and best practices in implementing big data analytic solutions in organizations.
The program aims to cover three key modules:
Data management infrastructure
- Fundamentals of data management
- Data modeling and management for big data
- Technology infrastructure for big data: DFS, Map reduce & Hadoop
- Fundamentals of analytics: Classification, clustering and rule mining
- Personalization in e-commerce (recommender systems)
- Mining unstructured data (text, image and social network)
- Visual analytics: Basic and advanced constructs
- Exploratory visual analytics for understanding large data sets
- Design and development of dashboards
- Strategies for analytics
- Building and managing analytic organization
- Communicating the analytic results and storytelling with data
Educational Qualifications Doctorate in IT & Systems Management, Fellow of IIM Lucknow (2000-2004) Bachelor of Engineering, Madras University (1993-1997) Academic Affiliation Faculty, IIM Ahmedabad (Jul 2012 - Present) Professional Affiliation Member, IEEE Member, CSI RSA, The Security D...
Anish Sugathan is an Associate working with colleagues at the Evidence for Policy Design Program at the Center for International Development at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government and is appointed through Harvard Kennedy School’s Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government. He is als...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.