Bid Package Development and Supplier Selection
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Bid Package Development and Supplier Selection is designed to deepen your knowledge base of core activities in the procurement and supply management function. The program covers the sourcing process, specifications gathering, common bid package alternatives, cross-functional collaboration, and supplier evaluation and selection. You'll walk away ready to develop bid packages more thoroughly to help drive sourcing decisions for your organization. This “hands on” delivery focuses on the professional serving as the main liaison between the buying organization and the selling organization in the company sourcing process.
What You Will Learn
- Industry standard solicitation tools (RFx) such as request for information (RFI), request for proposal (RFQ), and request for quote (RFQ)
- How to leverage RFx solicitation tools to drive successful development of bid packages
- How to develop “go to market” strategies while identifying supply base strengths and weaknesses
- How to enhance fit, form, and function specifications gathering capabilities to drive more reliable cost baselines
- Supplier selection scorecard methods to identify best total cost of ownership (TCO) alternatives
- How to streamline executive communication to articulate milestone activities and gain leadership support
How You Will Benefit
- Increase your knowledge base of solicitation options and which solicitation approach to apply based on your organization’s needs.
- Enhance your understanding of the sourcing process and the critical steps in bid package development and delivery activities.
- Better leverage and utilize solicitation tools to drive successful development of bid packages.
- Improve set up and execution of supplier selection scorecards to aid in identifying best TCO alternatives.
- Heighten understanding of executive communication to leverage leadership support throughout the organization.
Who should attend
This course is designed for sourcing initiative leaders, procurement professionals, project managers, finance analysts, contract managers and all procurement and supply management-related professionals involved with bid package development, bid package analysis, negotiations preparation, contracting and supplier selection activity.