Beyond Project Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Increase your focus, competence and self-confidence as a business leader
Project Managers looking to take their career to the next level need to acquire additional skills that prepare them for senior leadership positions. This program is designed to give experienced PMs exposure to three critical areas of business that will help them demonstrate their ability to lead organizations effectively: Strategy and Strategic Thinking, Communicating Like a Leader, Business Acumen – Thinking Beyond Projects.
Top Reasons To Choose This Program
- Gain familiarity with the strategic planning process
- Discover mechanisms for choosing the right course of action
- Learn key business mindset questions to ask
- Acquire critical thinking skills using proven leadership tools and techniques
- Understand the art of science of making and communicating decisions
Course content details
Strategy and Strategic Thinking
This module provides an in-depth coverage of the tools and frameworks that are useful in strategic decision making at the various managerial levels of the organization. The development of a systematic way of thinking that enables you to develop comprehensive answers to these questions is a key objective of this course.
- What is Strategy?
- Strategy vs. Business Model
- Hierarchy of Strategies
- Strategic Management Process
- Vision, Mission & Values
- External Environment Analysis
- Internal Environment Analysis
- Choosing the Right Strategy(ies)
- Final Project: Putting it All Together
Developing Your Business Acumen – Thinking beyond Projects
Effective leaders need to think beyond the triple constraints of project management to be successful. They need to develop a CEO mindset that considers a wider scope. This session provides project professionals with the essential concepts, tools, techniques, and skills needed to manage the business beyond the project for successful outcomes.
This module has been developed based on contemporary trends in the business environment: the need to align business management decisions with the organizational vision and values; assessing business problems and opportunities using a deliberate strategic thinking process; change leadership trends and ways to manage resistance and increase commitment to achieve the desired business outcomes.
This session promises a strategic business leadership framework beyond the triple constraints of projects that will enable high-potential leaders learn and apply the fundamentals to succeed.
- Identifying one’s “Business Acumen”
- Taking an Inventory of Your Business Acumen
- Identifying the business problem or opportunity
- Thinking strategically as a business leader
- Applying Critical Thinking Techniques
- Making wise business decisions
- Planning and Implementing Change
- Overcoming Resistance and Gaining Commitment
Communicating Like a Leader
Managers and leaders at all levels of our organizations need to be great communicators. In fact, poor communication skills is one of the top factors that can hold you back from a senior promotion within your organization. Project managers and project leaders need to be great communicators.
Stakeholders, customers, team members, senior management teams, sponsors and more all require a special and unique touch and approach to the way we communicate with them.
This module will allow us to fine tune our communication skills in all areas of our professional and even personal lives.
- Presentation Skills
- Writing Skills
- Decision Making
- Selling and influencing
- Connecting with People
- Listening skills
Who should attend
The program is designed for individuals with prior experience in the discipline of project management, including:
- Project Management professionals
- Graduates of the Schulich MCPM and other
- similar programs