Better Spoken English
- Phonetics, Phonics and Standard English Pronunciation
It is important for employees to enunciate spoken words confidently and clearly when communicating. Correct pronunciation, clear speech and a good speaking voice are factors which contribute to employees positive corporate image and positive self-esteem.
Benefits to You
The theoretical aspects of this seminar will be clearly explained and demonstrated. Participants speech sounds and spoken English will be analysed by the programme leader. Suggestions and feedback will be given during the programme to improve your production of speech sounds and spoken communication skills.
All participants will receive a copy of the English dictionary.
• Speaking Standard English (BBC) or RP Model vs American Model) using an English Pronouncing Dictionary
• How to Always Say it Right, Read it Right and Pronounce it Right during Presentations and Speeches
• Avoiding Everyday Speech Problems in Pronunciation: Phonics and Phonetics
• How to Use a Dictionary to Pronounce English Words Correctly
• Standard Speech Sounds and Voice Production and Causes of Indistinct Speech
• British / BBC and American Standard Pronunciation (using International Phonetic Alphabet) and Transcriptions
• The 24 Consonant Sounds of Standard Spoken English and Phonetic Alphabet
• The 20 Vowel Sounds of Standard Spoken English and Phonetic Alphabet
• How Speech Organs Work in Spoken English and Speech / Vocal Exercises
• Practical Reading / Speaking Exercises and Transcriptions for Clear Speech and Voice Improvement
• Achieving Confidence, Fluency and Greater Intelligibility when Speaking One to One or Making Presentation to Groups
• Practical Exercises and Coaching given to Improve Diction, Articulation and Phonemic Transcriptions
Who should attend
(Level 1) Admin & Support
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers