Better Leaders ask Better Questions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
Learn Highly Effective Communication Techniques To Enhance Your Teams Performance
The premise for this workshop is that we spend too much time telling others what to do and unknowingly prevent them from being resourceful. Workplace cultures that do not facilitate people finding the answers for themselves can be stifling and toxic to work in, leading to disengaged and underperforming staff who are inhibited in performing at their best.
This workshop brings you the opportunity to learn some strategies that facilitate the people you converse with to tap into their potential and resourcefulness, leading to them feeling more valued, engaged, motivated and fulfilled. The skill of asking Better Questions in your leadership role will have a profound impact on your ability to allow others to fulfil their potential and you will walk away with some simple strategies to put into place immediately.
Benefits to You
BUSINESS OUTCOMES :
By attending this programme, participants will improve their ability to communicate with their teams in a way that creates more engagement, motivation and productivity which will drive higher revenues.
LEARNING OUTCOMES :
- Understand the benefits of asking vs telling as a preferred mode of communication
- Recognise unconscious patterns of response and that there are other ways to be ‘helpful’
- Learn how to deal with resistance to a questioning approach
- Develop listening skills to facilitate more creativity, resourcefulness and engagement
- Understand the power of questions and what questions to ask
- Know the ‘BETTER QUESTIONS’ model and its use in a solution focused approach
- Consolidate your learning by participating in an experiential activity
- Introduction/context for the training
- Recognise habitual patterns of response in our conversations
- Understand the impact of asking vs telling and the principles of asking
- Better Questions
- Developing the business case for Better Questions – why leaders need to do more asking
- Dealing with challenges in using the approach
- Distinguishing between hearing and listening
- Listening traps and how to avoid them
- The fundamentals of better questioning
- Introduction to the BETTER QUESTIONING model - specific questions to use to enable enhanced performance
- Questioning Practice – work in groups of three to practice the skills learnt,
- Develop an action plan for implementation of learning
Who should attend
Level 2 - Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
Level 3 - New Managers
Level 4 - Managers