Who should attend
- Wine industry professionals with limited experience in finance and accounting can take these courses to gain practical knowledge and financial literacy skills.
- Finance and accounting professionals can take these courses to expand and deepen their knowledge of best practices in finance and accounting for the wine industry or to earn CPE credits towards maintaining CPA licensure.
About the course
This course provides an introduction to general accounting principles and financial concepts, as well as financial best practices relevant to the wine industry. Revenue management and cost accounting will be also be explored.
Course concepts will be examined and explored through the lens of the wine industry.
Topics & Methods covered:
- Accounting Processes
- Financial Analysis and Planning
- Key Performance Measurements
- Understanding Accounting Concepts and Financial Statements
- Calculating Financial Ratios for Business Initiatives
- Budget Planning
- Creating a Product Price Structure
- Cost Accounting Principles
- Determining Appropriate Key Performance Indicators
The Online Certificate in Wine Industry Finance & Accounting provides an overview of financial and accounting concepts that enables you to make better business decisions and advance your career. Taught by wine industry professionals in the finance and accounting fields, students explore key wine-specific accounting concepts and principals, and financial strategy, planning, and management for wine businesses.
Course Learning Objectives
- LO1: Identify the components of financial statements and their inter-connected relationships.
- LO2: Construct and analyze financial ratios/trends to execute business decisions/strategies needed to manage the business.
- LO3: Develop a plan for managing profitability through revenue management and cost analysis.
- LO4: Evaluate accounting processes to determine optimum controls and accountabilities.
- LO5: Understand the financial resources and time periods necessary to establish a wine product.
- LO6: Understand other options for managing accounting processes and systems.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.