Berkeley Program on Data Science & Analytics
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Haas School of Business.Full disclaimer.
Data science and data analytics are at the core of every modern globalized industry. Working in today's technology-centric workforce not only requires superior leadership skills, but the ability to translate data problems into the bigger picture for the organization.
The Berkeley Program in Data Science and Analytics (BPSDA) is a 5-month learning journey into the world of applied data science and analytics. The program will prepare you with the tools to build and lead data science teams through data-driven decision-making. You will learn how to promote a data-driven culture, how to translate business problems into data problems, and how to lead a team with a diverse skill set towards solving these problems.
Snapshot of Program Topics:
- Economic analysis for decision-making
- Data and decisions
- Inference and Measurement (A/B Testing, Regression Models, Multiple Regression Models, Model Selection, Micro-Econometric Models)
- Forecasting and Trends: Time Series Analyses
- Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
The program leverages a global perspective on data science and analytics with five total modules, three in-person and two online. The in-person modules take place at the UC Berkeley campus. Led by esteemed Berkeley Faculty with both cutting-edge research and industry experience, the program provides a unique combination of theory and practice to help you accelerate your career and the data-driven performance of your organization.
You will leave the immersive 5-month hybrid learning journey with developed leadership skills, a deeper understanding of theory, and the ability to apply data science decision-making to your organization and role. Following completion of the program, you will receive a Certificate of Excellence in Data Science & Analytics.
- Implement best practices for assembling and leading data science teams
- Apply relevant industry data science methods
- Frame problems in a way that is amenable to data scientists
- Identify root causes and increase clarity with data
- Drive data-driven business decisions across the organization
- Build a data-driven culture and data-driven policy
- Understand the relationship between data and decision-making
Who should attend
- Directors, VPs
- Senior Managers
- Functional Business Managers and Business Heads
- Leadership Roles with Oversight of Data Science Teams
- Those with a Need to Understand Data Analytics
- Undergraduate degree
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Minimum 8 years of professional work experience