Bentley Mini-MBA™ Essentials of Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bentley University.Full disclaimer.
Gain the business skills you need to advance your career
Business challenges present continual change and your ability to remain current may provide the differentiating factor for advancement within your organization.
The ‘Mini-MBA’ is a non-credit program providing a foundation in key business disciplines in a condensed format. It is designed for those who need a broader understanding of a full range of business topics or who can benefit from a refresher at mid-career.
Benefits for Participants
This program, led by graduate faculty members, has been specifically designed to develop a business foundation while building critical thinking skills through case studies, business simulation, lectures, discussion and active exercises.
You will acquire:
- Enhanced leadership skills
- Financial fluency
- Process management foundations
- Marketing and social media understanding
- Strategic Framework fundamentals
- Join a group of executive peers while developing the business acumen to advance your career.
Participants receive a Professional Certificate upon completion of this program.
The US/Global Economy Overview
- Factors that have historically influenced economic shifts
- Overview of the stock market
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Key frameworks for assessment of business environment
- Competitive Assessment
- Firm resources & capabilities
- Setting Missions, objectives and tiered strategies
- Stakeholders, Critical Support & skill sets for successful implementation
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis Methods
- Capital Structure
- Financial planning & Forecasting
- Value proposition & Brand positioning
- Research & capturing insights
- Marketing Mix
- Content Creation
- Inbound methodologies
- The role of Social Media
Understanding the changing nature of leadership; * Using the Zenger Folkman leadership framework as a means to assess your leadership strengths and weaknesses * Analyzing your leadership career stage * Assisting you in preparing a plan for the future
Negotiations / Critical Communications
- Strategies / Tactics of effective negotiation
- Positions & Interests
- Effective Communication
Design Thinking & Innovation
- Solving problems, creating value
Who should attend
he Essentials of Management Mini-MBATM Program has been designed for those wanting provide a well-rounded perspective encompassing key business elements. Through interactive engagement with a cohort of peers, participants will gain confidence in strategic business skills.
The program will especially benefit:
- Experienced managers who need a refresher or a solid foundation in the latest management and leadership disciplines
- Attorneys, medical professionals and IT managers who need exposure to business topics
- Technical specialists moving into management positions requiring more management ‘know-how’
- Anyone facing increased management responsibility which calls for enhanced business knowledge
- Individuals considering pursuing an MBA who desire an overview before commitment to a course of studyho desire an overview before commitment to a course of study