This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Critical Management Skills and Business Insight to Drive Success
The Bentley Essentials of Management Mini-MBA™ is a 6-day business acumen intensive providing a strong foundation in key business disciplines including leadership and business strategy, finance and marketing fundamentals, and use of design thinking to drive innovation. Through interactive team engagement with a cohort of peers, participants gain the strategic business skills and understanding needed in today’s fast-paced and ever-changing global business environment. Advanced Study in All Aspects of Business within an Engaging Team Environment
Develop a business foundation while building critical thinking skills through case studies, business simulation, lectures, discussion and active exercises. The interactive classes are led by faculty members who are ongoing practitioners in their areas of expertise.
During the program you will:
- Build knowledge to enable strategy formulation and execution
- Gain an understanding of financial statements, analysis, and forecasting
- Learn marketing fundamentals, from inbound to outbound
- Develop strategies for negotiation and critical conversations
- Explore the use of design thinking and its role in driving innovation
- Benefit from interaction with a peer network from a broad array of industries
The US/Global Economy Overview
- Factors that have historically influenced economic shifts
- Overview of the stock market
Strategy Formulation & Implementation
- Key frameworks for assessment of business environment
- Competitive Assessment
- Firm resources & capabilities
- Setting Missions, objectives and tiered strategies
- Stakeholders, Critical Support & skill sets for successful implementation
Finance for Non-Financial Managers
- Financial Statements
- Financial Analysis Methods
- Capital Structure
- Financial planning & Forecasting
- Value proposition & Brand positioning
- Research & capturing insights
- Marketing Mix
- Content Creation
- Inbound methodologies
- The role of Social Media
Understanding the changing nature of leadership; * Using the Zenger Folkman leadership framework as a means to assess your leadership strengths and weaknesses * Analyzing your leadership career stage * Assisting you in preparing a plan for the future
Negotiations / Critical Communications
- Strategies / Tactics of effective negotiation
- Positions & Interests
- Effective Communication
Design Thinking & Innovation
- Solving problems, creating value
Who should attend
The Essentials of Management Mini-MBA™ Program has been designed for those wanting a well-rounded perspective encompassing key business elements. Through interactive engagement with a cohort of peers, participants will gain confidence in strategic business skills.
The program will especially benefit:
- Experienced managers who need a refresher or a solid foundation in the latest management and leadership disciplines
- Attorneys, medical professionals and IT managers who need exposure to business topics
- Technical specialists moving into management positions requiring more management ‘know-how’
- Anyone facing increased management responsibility which calls for enhanced business knowledge
- Individuals considering pursuing an MBA who desire an overview before commitment to a course of studyho desire an overview before commitment to a course of study
Trust the experts
Alan N. Hoffman
Alan Hoffman (Doctor of Business Admin., Indiana University, 1982) is Professor of Management. Dr. Hoffman is also co-author of Strategic Management and Business Policy, Globalization, Innovation and Sustainability, 15th edition (Prentice-Hall/Pearson). He formerly served as visiting Professor of...
Elaine Walker has over 20 years of corporate and consulting experience in senior HR positions for high-performing multinational organizations. As tboth a lecturer and the chair of the Human Resources concentration at Bentley University, Elaine focuses on preparing HR specialists for the challenge...
Professor Ian Cross is a Senior Lecturer in Marketing at Bentley University and the Director of the Center of Marketing Technology , a state of the art marketing and research center focusing on leading edge marketing tools, techniques and intellectual capital. Ian has been a professor in the Mark...
William Starner spent over 25 years in executive management roles including general management, marketing, customer service and human resources. He has extensive international business experience and possesses in-depth knowledge of a variety of industries. Mr. Starner is an Adjunct Professor of ...
Professor Wiggins is the Dean of Business, a Professor of Finance and the Director of the Bentley Microcredit Initiative. His teaching and research focuses on corporate governance, ownership and control. He teaches graduate and undergraduate courses in microfinance, corporate and financial strate...