Basics of Financial Management
Sound financial management is a crucial aspect of any thriving business, putting professionals with even a fundamental knowledge of the subject at an advantage in both the talent market and entrepreneurial game.
Master the fundamentals of financial management with this 9-week financial management course which will empower you with the essential finance skills in a business context.
Use what you learn on this financial management course, such as: budgeting, cash flow, financial statements and cost-cutting to ensure you implement successful business management practices.
What will set you apart
You’ll walk away from this financial management course with the confidence to:
- Navigate the landscape of tax - from income tax and VAT, to workers’ compensation
- Understand and interpret income statements, balance sheets and cash-flow statements
- Identify, evaluate, implement and monitor the potential value of investments in long-lived assets
- Manage the impact that working capital has on the cash flow of an organisation
This UCT-backed online short course in financial management is designed to give you the flexibility to work when it suits you. You’ll receive continued support and guidance from an expert tutor and your Performance Coach as you progress through the weekly modules in your own time.
- Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Course Module 1: The financial goal of a firm
- Course Module 2: Taxation and policies
- Course Module 3: Understanding financial statements
- Course Module 4: Analysing financial statements
- Course Module 5: Profit planning and control
- Course Module 6: The time value of money
- Course Module 7: Financing
- Course Module 8: Capital budgeting
- Course Module 9: Managing working capital