Basic Chemistry for Laboratory Technician and Non Professional
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with ICTD International Centre for Training and Development.Full disclaimer.
Like most people, you probably had basic chemistry courses in high school or college. But as time goes by, you've become a little rusty on the basic chemical concepts and jargon. Unlike your colleagues employed outside chemical industry, you sometimes find yourself straining to remember chemistry concepts to relate to certain job tasks.
This is why ICTD developed these new courses specifically for people who work in the chemical industry but are not chemists.
Upon successful completion of this course, the delegates will be able to familiarized the below topics:
- The solid and liquid states; solutions; kinetics and reaction rates; chemical equilibrium; acids and bases; acid-base equilibrium; solubility and complex-ion solubility; thermo chemistry; thermodynamics; oxidation-reduction; and electrochemistry
- What is Chemistry?
- Relevance to the Workplace
- What we will be doing
- Physical Properties As Relate to Chemistry of Hazardous Substances
- Chemical properties vs. Physical Properties
- Physical Properties
- Relationship between Physical State and Chemical Reactivity
- Major Classes of Hazardous Substances
- Inorganic vs. Organic Chemistry
- Flammable and Combustible Liquids
- Storage Requirements
- States of Matter: Liquids and Solids Solutions
- Rates of Reactions
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Acids and Bases
- Acid-Base Equilibrium
- Solubility and Complex-Ion Equilibriums
- Thermo chemistry
- Thermodynamics and Equilibrium
- Post Test
A variety of methodologies will be used during the course that includes:
- (30%) Based on Case Studies
- (30%) Techniques
- (30%) Role Play
- (10%) Concepts
- Pre-test and Post-test
- Variety of Learning Methods
- Case Studies and Self Questionaires
- Group Work
Who should attend
This course is intended for all those working in the chemical, petrochemical, oil and process industries with a need to understand and discuss issues with the chemical engineering specialists. These will include geo-scientists, petroleum engineers, production engineers, trainee process engineers, R&D chemists, plant chemists, plant operators and economists. Case studies and examples will cover a range of levels, making the course also suitable non-technical staff.