This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
The compulsory demands of being available 24/7, as well as, being 100% focused and productive at work & in life, are at the root of stress skyrocketing in the workplace and is a key component in diminishing performance.
According to a study by Microsoft, the average attention span for a goldfish is nine seconds and now, humans generally lose concentration after eight seconds, highlighting the effects of an increasingly digitalized lifestyle on the brain.
An entirely new set of physical, psychological and social challenges are a direct result of our technologically saturated culture. Conditions like “tech neck” or “Blackberry thumb” are few of the physical side effects of our technological lives. This course is a game-changer for any working individual juggling the demands of digital distractions.
- Discussion: Challenges with work, life, media balance - explore the pros and cons of virtual connectivity
- Discussion: What is the impact of being available 24/7 personal & professionally, physically, mentally, socially?
- Discussion: Present time versus virtual time- what takes precedence?
- The effects of the digital distractions on the brain.
- The effects of virtual world on personal and professional relationships and collaboration. Counterfeit connections.
- Experiential components: Design healthy parameters and establish why those parameters are important on personal and professional level. Set practical goals to achieve balance and establish time frames.
- Create a positive mind-set to support a healthy framework and learn practical tools for mindfulness and meditation in the work place.
- Didactic exercises: The brain and its ability to multitask, the overload of distractions, attention spans, awareness vs. autopilot, the power of why.
THIS COURSE WILL TEACH PARTICIPANTS:
- Creative ways to find balance with work, life and media
- To control your digital devices and not have them control you.
- What is a Digital Detox and how to set yourself up for a successful one.
- To take charge of technology to decrease stress and increase productivity and innovation.
- How to increase collaboration and creativity through by unplugging and interacting.
- How to build a more positive corporate culture through human connections.
- Improved balance in work, life and media
- Increased awareness of the disconnect that results from counterfeit connections.
- Decreased stress and an increased ability to be present
- Enhanced personal and professional relationships with others and self
- Improved health and over sense of well-being
- Increased attention span and ability to accomplish
- Increased innovation and collaboration
Who should attend
Any working individual who recognizes the reality of digital distraction and it’s negative impact on productivity and profitability.
Trust the experts
About the Program This is the core power connection between the mind, the body and business, resulting in higher energy, greater clarity and enhanced well-being to reach your personal & professional best. We begin with the “Corporate Triathlete Wellness Assessment” to determine your defin...
Conquering Digital Distractions with Jill Tupper