Who should attend
- Practising copywriters looking to hone their skills
- Marketing and communication professionals with experience of writing copy, who want more exposure to creative challenge and the chance to move to another level
- Marketers who have already taken one or more of our intermediate copywriting courses
About the course
You already feel comfortable with writing copy but feel you could push yourself further. In this highly interactive two-day course, you will get the opportunity to collaborate with others on an adventurous challenge: taking a consumer campaign brief and then developing and executing creative solutions. Specifically, you will be tasked to develop a B2C copy strategy relevant to the different stages in the customer journey for a new and innovative product launch.
You will be asked to generate and present initial concepts for the campaign, before going on translate them into a range of material across digital media, including banner ads, video scripts, blogs, social posts, infographics and longer pieces of web content.
It’s an excellent opportunity to practise your writing skills in a constructive environment, where you will receive tips, guidance and feedback from a highly experienced trainer and former creative director.
- Enhance your ability to analyse and interpret a B2C creative brief
- Recognise insights that can inform your copywriting
- Work collaboratively to produce concepts which meet the brief
- Find out how to create an effective B2C campaign tagline
- Practise different techniques to stimulate creativity
- Gain confidence in translating ideas across a range of digital media, including web, email, mobile and social
- Distinguish between concepts/executions that are weaker/stronger
- Explore how to present your creative ideas effectively
- ..and how to respond to constructive commentary
- Practise writing to a deadline
- Develop your craft and ensure your copy is as effective as it can possibly be
Phil Woodford is a former advertising creative director and practising copywriter, who has a wealth of experience of working with clients across a range of sectors. He lectures at University of the Arts London and Sup de Pub – the advertising and marketing faculty of French business school Groupe...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.