Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
This program is designed for individuals, teams and B2B companies who want to gain a deeper understanding of value-based pricing and develop their critical pricing capabilities.
About the course
- Learn to sell value rather than attributes to customers
- Successfully counter low-cost competitors in your markets
- Negotiate more efficiently with procurement services
- Improve your benchmarking competencies
Create and communicate more value to your customers In today’s B2B environment, you need innovative ways to communicate superior value to your customers. B2B Pricing Strategy gives you a deeper understanding of value-based pricing and enhances your critical pricing and procurement negotiation capabilities.
You will enrich your knowledge about what B2B customers really want and use these insights to define a better value proposition for your business. Through greater understanding of value-based segmentation, price elasticity, and pricing psychology, you will work out when offering a discount is a smart idea — and when premium pricing is the right strategy.
You will complete the program by creating a concrete action plan to increase your company’s profit margin
B2B Pricing Strategy - your learning journey
This online course is 5 weeks long. It's long enough for you to apply to your own working context what you learn and to develop your pricing capabilities.
Unit 1 - Pricing Excellence & Superior Value Propositions
- Learn about pricing excellence and the distinct capabilities that you must manage
- Develop a superior value proposition by building in-depth customer insights
- Look at who your customers are and what they really want and how a convincing value proposition connects the benefit of your offer to the value your customers’ desire
Unit 2 - From Cost-Based & Competition-Based to Value-Based Pricing
- Competition-based and cost-based pricing strategies
- Implementation of value-based pricing
- 4 strategies for value-based pricing success
Unit 3 - Pricing Psychology
- How pricing psychology applies to decision-making and its impact on your work as a “perception manager”
- Learn key psychological principles and concrete examples of what drives buyers to make decisions
- Improve the way your company frames its offer
Unit 4 - Discounts, Waterfalls, Pitches & Auctions
- “Unlearn” and ban the word commoditization
- Look at why executives overestimate their maximum price level and underestimate their ability to increase their prices
- Learn strategies to prepare for pitches and reverse auctions
Unit 5 - Pricing Capabilities
- Consolidate the information gathered throughout the program
- Explore the capabilities needed to achieve pricing excellence
- How you can personally put them into action.
Your Professional Learning Coach
You will have a dedicated professional learning coach, making sure you receive a highly individualized learning experience.
Your designated professional learning coach accompanies you through your 5 week learning journey on this B2B Pricing Strategy online course. They provide support and feedback as you apply your learning straight away in the workplace, where it has an immediate impact.
Their input helps you translate your learning to your particular context. By spreading this feedback regularly throughout the program, you'll be sure to embed your ongoing learning directly in your daily work.
Your professional learning coach interacts with you via video, in writing and over the phone. You have calls, spread across the 5 weeks, at intervals that consolidate your learning.
Your learning coach helps you:
- Define your learning objectives
- Review your progress on a weekly basis
- Overcome your challenges
- Translate what you learn to your own context
Professor Michel's major research interests are in customer-focused marketing strategy, service innovation and pricing. At IMD, he is the Dean of our Executive MBA program and the faculty representative at the IMD foundation board. He teaches in the Executive MBA, Strategic Marketing Program, th...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.