Who should attend
Mid- to senior-level executives involved in business development, sales and marketing, product development/management, operations and manufacturing, business strategy, and financial budgeting.
About the course
Overview: Smart companies cultivate customer satisfaction in order to build shareholder value through increased sales, margins and EBITDA. But you can’t keep the customer satisfied unless you know what they want. This 2-day course provides a practical framework and toolkit executing on customer value for financial success. View sneak peak webinar below.
Framework & Learning Objectives
Customer Analysis (Day 1)
- Value driver analysis: Participants will learn to analyze their customer base to determine which benefits — like price, quality, safety, communication, etc. — drive customer value
- Value proposition/positioning statement: Participants will learn how to select the right target segments and offer the right benefits, crafting a customer-focused value proposition.
Execution Analysis (Day 1 and 2)
- Delivering value through execution: Participants will learn how to analyze execution strategy that increases customer satisfaction and link execution levers in ways that drives sales and margins.
- Competitive analysis: Participants will use a comparative analysis framework to measure the perceived value that customers derive from your offering vs. those of your competitors.
Financial Analysis (Day 2)
- Delivering financial value: Participants will learn how customer-perceived value drives financial metrics such as sales, margins and EBITDA.
- Resource allocation/strategic initiatives: Participants will develop strategies for optimizing company budgets in customer-focused areas, such as product development, communication, sales, customer service, etc.
Planning for Customer-Based Value (Day 2)
- Customer-based strategic planning: Participants will learn how to integrate these points into a coherent customer-based strategic plan. We will review and analyze examples of such plans and work with individual participants to brainstorm a plan that works for their company.
Dr. Vikas Mittal is the J. Hugh Liedtke Professor of Marketing at the Jones Graduate School of Business. Prior to joining Jones, he was the Thomas Marshall Professor of Marketing at the Katz Graduate School of Management. Dr. Mittal holds a Bachelor''s in Business Administration from the Universi...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.