Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Jones Graduate School of Business.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Overview: Smart companies cultivate customer satisfaction in order to build shareholder value through increased sales, margins and EBITDA. But you can’t keep the customer satisfied unless you know what they want. This 2-day course provides a practical framework and toolkit for measuring customer value and linking it to financial success.
Framework & Learning Objectives
Customer Analysis (Day 1)
- Value driver analysis: Participants will learn to analyze their customer base to determine which benefits — like price, quality, safety, communication, etc. — drive customer value
- Value proposition/positioning statement: Participants will learn how to select the right target segments and offer the right benefits, crafting a customer-focused value proposition.
Execution Analysis (Day 1 and 2)
- Delivering value through execution: Participants will learn how to analyze execution strategy that increases customer satisfaction and link execution levers in ways that drives sales and margins.
- Competitive analysis: Participants will use a comparative analysis framework to measure the perceived value that customers derive from your offering vs. those of your competitors.
Financial Analysis (Day 2)
- Delivering financial value: Participants will learn how customer-perceived value drives financial metrics such as sales, margins and EBITDA.
- Resource allocation/strategic initiatives: Participants will develop strategies for optimizing company budgets in customer-focused areas, such as product development, communication, sales, customer service, etc.
Planning for Customer-Based Value (Day 2)
- Customer-based strategic planning: Participants will learn how to integrate these points into a coherent customer-based strategic plan. We will review and analyze examples of such plans and work with individual participants to brainstorm a plan that works for their company.
Who should attend
Professionals with 5+ years of experience
Trust the experts
Dr. Vikas Mittal is the J. Hugh Liedtke Professor of Marketing at the Jones Graduate School of Business. Prior to joining Jones, he was the Thomas Marshall Professor of Marketing at the Katz Graduate School of Management. Dr. Mittal holds a Bachelor''s in Business Administration from the Universi...
Sheree Ahart, Ph.D., is the Director of Executive Education at the Jones Graduate School of Business at Rice University. She brings a wealth of talent development experience from her work in oil and gas, consulting and executive coaching. Dr. Ahart has taught at the University of Houston and leve...
Zoran has more than 20 years of experience in executive education and management consulting with hundreds of clients in Europe, North America, Asia, and Africa. He has expertise in a wide area of managerial disciplines, like design and implementation of innovation strategy and processes, developm...
Rice Business Executive Education – B2B Marketing Strategy Course